Opeth - Ghost Reveries CD (album) cover

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars This is obviously a talented band. A very talented band. They can play rings around most metal bands that I've heard. And they can create some very complex prog. However, listening to Mikael Åkerfeldt throw up in his throat is not something I prefer to listen to. I suppose that if it was only done occasionally, it might have a more jarring effect, but about half the vocals are belched out in this fashion. It comes across as immature. Ooooooohhhh, how satanic these guys are.

Grow up. I wouldn't ever think of playing this mess for any adult listeners. And it's too bad. If it wasn't only aimed at fifteen year old boys, I'd probably like this album a lot.

Evolver | 2/5 |