Marillion - Clutching At Straws CD (album) cover

4 stars A true masterpeace! Rothery is on fire here (White Russian!) I also like Kelly's piano parts very much. I still play this album. The only track I allways skip is Incommunicado, that's really awfull... When I visited the Seasons end tour later I allways wondered why they skipped Hotel Hobbies, it is a nice openere and it really fits there. Just for the record has some great keyboard solo's. Going under is a filler but a nice one. White Russian is the best track of the album Incommunicado, Jughhhh... Torch song is ok and it leads up to Slainthe mhath, a great rocker. Indeed a good concertopener for them. Sugar mice is again a song where Rothery can excelerate. The last straw is the second best track of the album. 4 stars and that's only because of Incommunicado.

The bonus cd is all so very nice, you can hear what could have been if they had just taken a year of to record soloalbums instead of breaking up...

Luc | 4/5 |