Genesis - A Trick of the Tail CD (album) cover

4.27 | 2015 ratings

3 stars A very interesting album. Off course, it's the first one without Peter. I must say as an album I don't like it at all. But there are a few tracks... Dance on a volcano is perhaps my most favorite Genesis track. Especially the aggresive ending! ( to bad they never played tht live...). Squonk is also a very very nice one. Entangled is pretty ok and it has this great Tony Banks atmospheric ending. Los Endos is a great jam but I prefer the seconds out version. The rest of the album, mainly writter by Banks, is crap. I hate it. Really. The bonus cd has the beatifull live 1976 concert. And still wonder who is risponsible for skipping the beginning of supper's ready and the cinema show. a real shame. Perhaps they are still laying is vault or on a attic somwhere? O sweet dreams...
Luc | 3/5 |