Angra - Rebirth CD (album) cover

REBIRTH

Angra

arcane-beautiful
3 stars I am a bit of a fan of these crazy Brazillians, do I decide to buy a 2 pack of their albums (this one and Temple Of Shadows)

So, this being my first full Angra album, I thought it was pretty good. To be homest I was expecting a wee bit more from these guys.

I did prefer André Matos as a singer, but that doesn't leave Ed being any less of a singer, and also, doesn't Ed look like Jay from Jay & Silent Bob, and doesn't Rafael Bittencourt look like Steve Perry from Journey.

This album does have some absolute amazing moments though.

1. In Excelesis - Nice epic intro. 8/10

2. Nova Era - Amazing chorus and some amazing instrumental work. The arranment is killer. 10/10

3. Millenium Sun - Odd arrangment, but some killer vocals. 9/10

4. Acid Rain - Pretty kick ass at times. The instrumental sections really make the song what it is. 8/10

5. Heroes Of Sand - Pretty epic song. Very interesting chorus. 9/10

6. Unholy Wars - Wow, I wasn't expecting this. This song has some odd twists and turns, but that just makes it more exciting of a song. The chorus is just magical 10/10

7. Rebirth - Usual Angra song. It's okay, I guess. 7/10

8. Judgement Day - Some killer riffs and cool rhthyms. 8/10

9. Running Alone - Some lovely piano work during the instrumental section. Pretty cool chorus. 9/10

10. Visions (Prelude) - Nice arrangement and a great ending. 9/10

CONCLUSION: Meh...I know these guys can do better. I don't know, maybe this album will grow on me.

arcane-beautiful | 3/5 |