REBIRTH

Pt. 2, Forgiven Return
7. Rebirth (5:17)
8. Judgement Day (5:40)
9. Running Alone (7:14)
10. Visions Prelude (4:31)

Search ANGRA Rebirth lyrics

Search ANGRA Rebirth tabs

- Edu Falaschi / vocals
- Kiko Loureiro / guitars
- Rafael Bittencourt / guitars
- Felipe Andreoli / bass
- Aquiles Priester / drums

label: SPV/Steamhammer

and to progshine for the last updates

ANGRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANGRA Rebirth Music

RebirthRebirth
Imports 2006
Rebirth World TourRebirth World Tour
Import [Generic] 2003
Rebirth World Tour-Live in Sao PauloRebirth World Tour-Live in Sao Paulo
Brigade 2006
Angra - Rebirth [Japan LTD CD] VICP-65111Angra - Rebirth [Japan LTD CD] VICP-65111
Victor Japan
Angra - Rebirth / Japan + 1 USD $7.50 [2 bids]
ANGRA / rebirth world tour /JAPAN LTD 2CD OBI USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANGRA - REBIRTH WORLD TOUR LIVE 2 CD - 18 Songs USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
ANGRA - REBIRTH / Japan CD / OBI / 2001 / Japan Bonus Track +1 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Angra Rebirth World Tour Sao Paulo CD USD $12.97 Buy It Now 4 days
ANGRA / rebirth /JAPAN LTD CD OBI bonus track USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Angra Rebirth World Tour Live Sao Paulo Thai 2 Cassette OBI Seal 2.99 USD S USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Angra Rebirth World Tour - Live in Sao Paulo Limited Edition USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ANGRA-REBIRTH-JAPAN CD C94 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Angra: Rebirth World Tour - Live in São Paulo USD $14.56 Buy It Now 6 days
Angra Rebirth 2001 Taiwan Edition [CD+1 Bonus Track] New Sealed USD $23.85 Buy It Now 7 days
ANGRA REBIRTH WORLD TOUR LIVE IN SAO PAULO 2CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 2003 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Angra Rebirth World Tour Live In Sao Paulo Thai 2 Cassettes Seal OOP 3 USD SHIP USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Angra - Rebirth - Power Metal CD USD $7.06 Buy It Now 9 days
Angra: Rebirth (2001) + Japan Bonus Track / CD TAIWAN USD $23.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Angra - Rebirth World Tour - Live in Sao Paulo / TH 2 Cassette (+ Obi) USD $34.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Rebirth by Angra (CD, Jun-2004, Steamhammer) USD $20.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Angra - Rebirth (Cassette) Russia USD $19.50 Buy It Now 21 days
@ CD Angra - Rebirth / STEAMHAMMER RECORDS 2001 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22 days
ANGRA [ REBIRTH WORLD TOUR: LIVE IN SAO PAULO ] PROMO DOUBLE CD OBI THAI EDITION USD $29.99 Buy It Now 25 days
ANGRA - REBIRTH+1 Japan 1st Print w/OBI (VICP-61568) USD $23.59 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy ANGRA music online Buy ANGRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANGRA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANGRA Rebirth ratings distribution

ANGRA Rebirth reviews

Review by Marc Baum
4 stars It seems that the old Angra has been erased. Neither the “reborn” Angra nor the new band from their former members, Shaman, will repeat the precious jewel that Holy Land was. But I’m not saying this album is bad, au contraire, it’s great, musical experimentation is over for Angra and they returned to the power metal trend in a way I didn’t expected after I knew about the split between the main composition forces of old Angra, Matos and guitarists Loureiro and Bittencourt. I still believe Holy Land is their best release, but "Rebirth" is a great power metal album and the new members (more than half of the band) are showing how they can fill equally or maybe better the shoes of old members.

Maybe Edu Falaschi can’t sing as high as Matos, but I like more his style, with a more steady and aggressive voice and his musical contribution is the perfect match for the ideas of the guitarists. Aquiles Priester may not be as versatile as Ricardo Confessori, but he is an incredible drummer, suiting perfectly for the style Angra is handling now. And on the bass, Felipe Andreoli is a young man that I didn’t expected to be as great as Luis Mariutti. You may listen carefully to the bass lines on this album, they are not as recognizable as in the first releases of Angra (I mean, no solos), but as a bass player I just don’t know how can Andreoli play that lines. Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt are the remains of old Angra, but renewed, no, wait… they returned to their roots, with a musical style that reminds me more the Angels Cry era. So this indicates that the old, old, old Angra is not totally erased.

Rebirth starts with "In Excelsis", an intro that prepares you for the jaw-dropping "Nova Era" (just as Unfinished Allegro did with Carry On). With this song you can listen how Falaschi is one of the best vocalists in the newcomers’ top metal scene (I hadn’t heard of him before) and his versatility is confirmed with soft songs like the intro on "Millennium Sun" or "Visions Prelude". "Acid Rain", the powerful song that remains in your head for a while with it's catchy chorus and impressive choral backlines. On the semi-soft side we have "Heroes of Sand" and the memorable "Rebirth", where we can appreciate the work of Angra with acoustic guitars, which I didn’t notice until I heard this song. The arpeggio is so sweet and then electric guitars break in changing the tune but not the meaning of the song. "Unholy Wars" reminds me on the Holy Land era, specially the song Carolina IV, because of its Latin percussions and chorus intro, and then becomes more power metal oriented, but it doesn’t matters, it is done grateful. Also the Latin feeling remains with the drum pattern in "Judgement Day". One of the songs I like the best is "Running Alone" because of the choruses and the vocal duties that Falaschi shows on this song.

In fact, Angra is not the same band anymore that wrote Holy Land and Fireworks, that disappointed me a little, but I think they’re doing a great job and that’s what counts, they still sound refreshing and this can assure us more Angra for a long time. A worthwile comeback, which I haven't thought can be strong like this. Excellent!

album rating: 8.5/10 points = 86 % on MPV scale = 4/5 stars

point-system: 0 - 3 points = 1 star / 3.5 - 5.5 points = 2 stars / 6 - 7 points = 3 stars / 7.5 - 8.5 points = 4 stars / 9 - 10 points = 5 stars

Send comments to Marc Baum (BETA) | Report this review (#9732) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Review by Gatot
4 stars What DIFFERENTIATES prog rock from other music genres? Complexity? Shifting tempos? Dynamic? Classical touch? What's prog, anyway?

Those thought provoking questions arouse me with respect to the inclusion of ANGRA in this page, actually. I never imagine that the band would be featured in here. But, I'm sure it must be "reasons" for putting it in this basket. Definitely ANGRA is less prog than RHAPSODY. But, if ANGRA is "in", the following albums / bands should have been in to: KAMELOT, SHAMAN, Tobias Sammet's AVANTASIA (Metal Opera), ELVEN KING, WARMEN, ROYAL HUNT, DC COOPER and many other bands in the vein of power / melodic metal. Yup, for me personally, ANGRA is a straight power metal band. Full stop. Don't get me wrong though, I love this album very much as I keep playing it for a "change" if I got bored with complex prog music.

NEVERTHELESS, this album is fantastic and the best that the band has ever produced! Pioneered by Germany's HELLOWEEN, almost all bands in the vein of power metal has had a tradition to open an album with a sort of overture, usually with a very intense classical touch for the duration of approximately 1 - 2 minutes and continued seamlessly with dazzling double drum in a high speed beat, it's a metal head-banging stuff - I would say. It's like "Initiation" of Helloween's "Keeper of the Seven Keys". This album os no exception."In Excelsis" (1:03) is very nice and set an exceelent opening to enter a fascinating "Nova Era". One thing to notice is the transition from "In Excelsis" to "Nova Era" is crafted smoothly with a memorable keyboard sound. Oh man .. If you get up in the morning, try playing this opening! It's so uplifting! "Nova Era" is one of my favorite. It's a fantastic melodic metal tune.

"Millennium Sun" is another excellent track with mellow opening in a classical touch, violin at background. Very nice. Another interesting track is "Acid Rain". I could not let my finger not touching the rewind button again to play this track again as it has a very touchy and memorable melody in its interlude. The keyboard solo's melody in the interlude really KILLS ME!!! Oh man ... what an amazing melody! You may recall this track is much more prog than the other tracks but the power metal components are higher in proportion, I think. "Rebirth" and "Judgement Day" are also excellent.

Overall, this album is excellent. Don't expect that you would hear something like classic prog. It's almost straight power metal band. But it's worth collecting. The guitarist, Kiko, and vocalist, Edu, are excellent. Rating 4/5. Hail .. Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#9738) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 19, 2004

3 stars 3.5 stars. Another Power-Metal album from ANGRA, although as usual they mix it up a bit. The title of this record is significant as their lead singer, bass player and drummer have all left, leaving the two lead guitarists to either keep the band going or fold the tent. They obviously decided to continue on, and I must say this is a really good album, in fact I like it a little better than "Holy Land". Interesting that Gunter Werno from VANDEN PLAS guests on this album playing all the piano and synth parts.

"In Excelsis" is a short intro track that is nonetheless a powerful beginning to this record. Cello ends it as it blends into "Nova Era" where we are hit with an onslaught of double bass drumming and guitar as vocals join in. The guitar after 2 1/2 minutes is excellent, riffs follow. It sounds best after 4 minutes. "Millennium Sun" opens with reserved vocals and piano. Cello a minute in. Heaviness follows and it sounds great. Guitar 3 1/2 minutes in is tasteful as a keyboard solo follows. "Acid Rain" features choir-like vocal parts. Love the drum / guitar section that follows. Vocals a minute in. "Heroes Of Sand" is an amazing tune. The mellow vocals sound so good early. The song kicks into a higher gear a minute in. Such an uplifting track.

"Unholy Wars" is the other favourite of mine. Chanting early before guitar and heaviness arrives. The tempo picks up as they're into full Power-Metal mode. Nice chunky bass after 3 1/2 minutes. Check out the vocals a minute later followed by some killer guitar. Great ending as well. "Rebirth" opens with some beautiful acoustic guitar as reserved vocals come in. Some orchestration as it gets heavier. Double bass drumming and guitar after 3 1/2 minutes. "Judgement Day" is the heaviest song yet. A calm before 3 minutes with orchestral sounds. "Running Alone" opens with multi-vocals then it's full speed ahead as we gallop along. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes. Piano 3 1/2 minutes. Big finish. "Visions Prelude" opens with piano as mellow vocals come in. Good song.

Not quite a 4 star rating in my opinion, but a darn good record.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#175093) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2008

3 stars I am a bit of a fan of these crazy Brazillians, do I decide to buy a 2 pack of their albums (this one and Temple Of Shadows) So, this being my first full Angra album, I thought it was pretty good. To be homest I was expecting a wee bit more from these guys. I did prefer André Matos as a sing ... (read more)

Report this review (#298887) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Sunday, September 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Angra (for those of you who dont know) are a Power/Prog band from Brazil (and by far one of the best in their genre) this album 'Rebirth' being their forth album and first with the then new singer Eduardo Falaschi. Now Angra posess a talent that not many power metal bands of their standards ca ... (read more)

Report this review (#281997) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Friday, May 14, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The Brazilian power metal band, I would say progressive power metal, as many elements in their music are very progressive, from ferocious to melodic epic changes that make us go to a cool metal, sometimes filled with symphonic and complex compositions. With this album, angra embarks on an inspiri ... (read more)

Report this review (#267367) | Posted by JgX 5 | Sunday, February 21, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a really great album; if you like Stratovarius or something like DT you'll love this band. Aside from the repetitive fast double bass tempos they really got some music skill along with songwriting skill. The only reason this is not a masterpiece is because it lacks unique complexity--so ... (read more)

Report this review (#118058) | Posted by Stratavarius | Wednesday, April 11, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Angra has returned!! As the album is named "Rebirth" the band is in its process of total renovation, and they have shown us that they can still give us some tasty, powerful and melodic metal with "Rebirth" The new line-up in "Angra" is even better, the new bassist, Felipe Andreoli, is a powerfu ... (read more)

Report this review (#46454) | Posted by DarkLord_Lalinc | Monday, September 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album features a brand new line-up. Half of the original members (including the very talented Andre Matos) left and form another progressive metal outfit, Shaman. Regarding this release, it is a huge step backwards (from the progressive point of view), this album is in the vein of the ban ... (read more)

Report this review (#9740) | Posted by Prosciutto | Tuesday, January 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANGRA "Rebirth"