Tangerine Dream - Encore (Live 1977) CD (album) cover

ENCORE (LIVE 1977)

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Lieven Van Paemel
4 stars I was 16 at the time and as where most of my friends listened to Dylan, Young, Purple, Clapton etc., I was into this stuff already 3 years. I remember not really liking the album that much at first. I did love Cherokee Lane and Monolight but I utterly disliked Coldwater Canyon. Desert Dream kind of kept me divided.

My most loved TD albums are Alpha Centauri, Atem, Phaedra and Rubycon because of the spacey music. I found the music a bit too thick. But I started loving the album more and more... I even bought (an original) vinyl again... And a later reissue as well... and still have the CD...

As one may have noticed, I am NOT an electric rockguitar fan... I still utterly dislike Froeses guitar on Coldwater Canyon but I think this is quite a decent album overall.

Lieven Van Paemel | 4/5 |