K2 - Black Garden CD (album) cover

4 stars I had a promo copy i heard 4 times and then deleted. I m sure i ll get one original.

Excellent return of K2.

Not so good things in this album: a)The first song : I presume it will be the single they hope to become a hit,but in prog matters this is a bad pop prog metal song.

b)The absence of Allan Holdsworth .Allan H gave to the music of the group the touch of jazz fusion ,with his incredible riffs.

Very good things in this album.

Excellent songs. The music in this one is a little different from Book Of The Dead because that one was a fusion of symphonic prog with jazz rock(mainly because of A.Holdsworth participation) and this one (in my opinion) is a fusion between neo prog and space rock.

New singer but with very good voice very similar to the older one.

In a summary : very good album ,excellent compositions with virtuous musicians made an excellent dreamy neo prog.

4 stars