Trader Horne - Morning Way CD (album) cover

Trader Horne

Prog Folk

5 stars Another great prog folk album that was hiding and now that we found it, we can admire it day after day. Trader Horne is a Duo : Judy Dyble, who was singing in "Fairport convention", and Jackie McAuley,played the organ for the "theme". Their first and only album - "Morning way" was released in 1970. It had 13 songs + 2 good bonus tracks. From the first song toward the end you are in a majestic journey of lovely, warm, enjoyable folk music. The first song "Jenny May" is a great song, then there is the beautiful "Morning way" - the title track and many other. It's a bit like children music, therefore the album cover looks like it's taken from that genre. I think that anybody who liked "Mellow candle" - "Swaddling songs", "Agincourt" - "Flyaway" and "spirogyra" music , will love this album. Both singers sing in this album and the combination of their voices is unique. It's one of the best folk rock music that I have ever heard and I heard a few. Try it and you won't be disappointed.
progshachar | 5/5 |