Between The Buried And Me - Colors CD (album) cover

Between The Buried And Me

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Mellotron Storm
2 stars Well this was a bit of a surprise, especially for one like myself who isn't a huge fan of growly vocals (haha). Sometimes it pays to research a little better when purchasing a cd (no kidding). Man these guys play incredibly well though, and I like the way they interupt the intense screaming with mellow sections at times. Problem is this is mostly in your face grunting and growling as he spits out the lyrics. I was reaching for a facecloth after this one. Lots of variety instrumentally as they incorporate some different styles but again the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy this at all. Sorry BTBAM fans.
Mellotron Storm | 2/5 |