Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads CD (album) cover

THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS

Talking Heads

Slartibartfast
4 stars I have to say this one of the albums that really endeared me to the band.

Most certainly brings back memories and Memories Can't Wait. It showcases two periods in the band's life from the original foursome to the expanded band. They were never quite the same after the contraction when Adrian Belew moved on, though Stop Making Sense was an excellent concert video. For me this was their golden age. It took me a while to get into their first album, but this helped open me up to it. I had already warmed up to the band moving backwards from Remain In Light.

If you enjoyed this one on vinyl as much as I did the CD released in 2004 is even better. Talk about bonus tracks. You've practically got LP four albums worth of live material here rather than the original two!

The second CD in the expanded version of this album is a recreation of the set which the expanded version of the band performed live.

A good introductory album to those interested in exploring this band.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |