THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS

2004 Reissue:
Disc one
1. New Feeling (3:09)
2. A Clean Break (5:05)
3. Don't Worry About The Government (3:03)
4. Pulled Up (4:04)
5. Psycho Killer (5:31)
6. Who Is It (1:44)
7. The Book I Read (4:22)
8. The Big Country (5:09)
9. I'm Not in Love (4:57)
10. The Girls Want to Be with the Girls (3:44)
11. Electricity (Drugs) (3:28)
12. Found a Job (5:35)
13. Mind (4:56)
14. Artists Only (3:49)
15. Stay Hungry (4:05)
16. Air (4:01)
17. Love → Building on Fire (3:47)
18. Memories (Can't Wait) (3:44)
19. Heaven (4:31)

Disc two
1. Psycho Killer (5:33)
2. Warning Sign (5:40)
3. Stay Hungry (3:56)
4. Cities (5:00)
5. I Zimbra (3:30)
6. Drugs (Electricity) (4:41)
7. Once in a Lifetime (5:57)
8. Animals (4:05)
9. Houses in Motion (6:54)
10. Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (8:2)4
11. Crosseyed and Painless (5:58)
12. Life During Wartime (4:54)
13. Take Me to the River (6:33)
14. The Great Curve (6:42)

Search TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads lyrics

Search TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads tabs

Adrian Belew Guitar, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Clive Brinkwood Mastering
David Byrne Guitar, Composer, Vocals
Greg Calbi Mastering
Brian Eno Assistant Engineer
Chris Frantz Drums
Jerry Harrison Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Jon Hassell Horn
Nona Hendryx Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
David Hewett Engineer
Busta Cherry Jones Bass, Guitar
Butch Jones Mixing, Mixing Assistant
Jeff Jones Art Direction
Kooster McAllister Engineer
Dollette McDonald Percussion, Drums, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Rod O'Brien Engineer
Jose Rossy Percussion
Katshuiko Sato Engineer
Steve Scales Percussion
Gary Scovil Art Direction
Jeff Shaw Mastering
Ed Stasium Mixing
Talking Heads Producer, Mixing, Mixing Assistant
Tina Weymouth Bass, Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Bernie Worrell Keyboards, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr), Clavinet

Sire Records 1982 LP# 2SR5-5390

Thanks to Slartibartfast for the addition

TALKING HEADS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads Music

The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)
Rhino Records 2013
Vinyl$24.17
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads [Maroon Vinyl]The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads [Maroon Vinyl]
Special Limited Edition · Double LP
Rhino
Vinyl$36.99
the name of this band is talking heads LPthe name of this band is talking heads LP
SIRE
Vinyl$16.99 (used)
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads [Expanded] by Talking Heads 2 DISCS! USD $9.00 [0 bids]
The Name of this band is Talking Heads - Talking Heads (Live 2 LP vinyl-Greek) USD $17.00 [0 bids]
TALKING HEADS / THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS / japan obi USD $20.00 [0 bids]
TALKING HEADS - NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS (BONUS) (TRACKS) NEW CD USD $26.84 Buy It Now 23h 8m
TALKING HEADS - NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS (180GM) NEW VINYL USD $43.62 Buy It Now 23h 9m
The Name of This Band is Talking Heads 2xLP sealed 180 gm vinyl USD $39.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS, 2-LP Album, 1977-81 Tours: EX+ USD $15.50 [4 bids]
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads by Talking Heads (Cassette, Jun-1989, ... USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads [VINYL] USD $33.52 Buy It Now 2 days
TALKING HEADS ~ NAME OF THIS BAND IS ~ 1982 UK 17-TRACK 'LIVE' 2LP SET + INNERS USD $18.76 Buy It Now 2 days
NAME OF THIS BAND IS THE TALKING HEADS 180 GRAM VINYL LP ALBUM NEW SEALED PROMO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Talking Heads The Name Of This Band Is 1982 LP Factory Sealed USD $250.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Talking Heads Vinyl '13 Reissue The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads '77-'81 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads 180 GRAM Vinyl, 2013, 2 LP NEW SEALEDD USD $31.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Talking Heads "The Name of this Band is Talking Heads" Live 2 LP Set (1977-1981) USD $8.00 [0 bids]
TALKING HEADS: The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads LP (2 LPs, 180 gram reiss USD $35.00 Buy It Now 6 days
TALKING HEADS Japan 1982 NM 2-LP+Obi THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads by Talking Heads (1982, Sire, 2SR 3590) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
The Name Of This Band Is... Talking Heads UK 2-LP (Double ) USD $34.79 Buy It Now 6 days
The Name of this Band is Talking Heads Live 2 LP Set (1980-1981) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads by Talking Heads (Vinyl, Oct-2013, 2... USD $26.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Talking Heads - Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads ( [Vinyl New] USD $30.98 Buy It Now 8 days
The Name of this Band is the Talking Heads 2xLP Vinyl Records VG+ STERLING USD $50.00 Buy It Now 11 days
TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is 2xLP NM- PROMO W/ Inner Sleeves USD $31.99 Buy It Now 11 days
TALKING HEADS The Name of this Band is Talking Heads 180g 2XLP RECORD NEW! USD $34.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads [2LP] (180 Gram)- 2013/SS USD $32.30 Buy It Now 12 days
TALKING HEADS - The Name of this Band is Talking Heads LP (US Press on SIRE) M-- USD $39.99 Buy It Now 12 days
TALKING HEADS-The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads-Live 2LP USD $22.50 Buy It Now 12 days
TALKING HEADS Japan 1982 NM 2-LP THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS USD $35.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads Ogv LP Vinyl Record USD $41.29 Buy It Now 15 days
TALKING HEADS - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads - 180 gram vinyl 2xLP USD $39.48 Buy It Now 15 days
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads 0081227963576, Vinyl Album, BRAND NEW USD $44.56 Buy It Now 16 days
TALKING HEADS ~ The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads LIVE ~ 2 x VINYL LP USD $28.13 Buy It Now 16 days
THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS COLORED VINYL LIMITED EDITION SEALED NEW USD $50.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Talking Heads m- original LP The Name of This Band Is USD $24.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Talking Heads-The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $33.02 Buy It Now 17 days
Talking Heads - Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads Vinyl Double Album 1982 MINT USD $29.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Name of This Band Is Talking Heads 2LP Maroon Vinyl NC EXCLUSIVE LTD 1000 PCS USD $36.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is 2013 - Sealed 2 x 180g Vinyl LP g USD $32.76 Buy It Now 19 days
Talking Heads THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS Live 180g RHINO RECORDS New Vinyl 2 LP USD $33.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Talking Heads - Name Of This Band Is Talking H (2013) - New - Long Play Rec USD $29.08 Buy It Now 19 days
The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads [Expanded] by Talking Heads (CD,... USD $14.06 Buy It Now 20 days
Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads - Talking Heads (2004, CD New) USD $19.08 Buy It Now 20 days
Talking Heads - Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads [CD New] USD $16.89 Buy It Now 20 days
TALKING HEADS The Name of This Band Is PRO-A-1033 NM Promo USD $19.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads JAPAN SHM MINI LP 2 CD NEW OOP WPCR-13293 USD $75.99 Buy It Now 21 days
TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads 2x 180gm Vinyl LP 2013 NEW USD $35.10 Buy It Now 22 days
The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads [VINYL] USD $37.04 Buy It Now 23 days
TALKING HEADS THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS LP VINYL RECORD NEW USD $46.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talki NEW LP USD $32.69 Buy It Now 25 days
The Name of This Band is Talking Heads 2-LP EX/EX Devo Blondie XTC Gang of Four USD $22.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Talking Heads "The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads" NEW & SEALED vinyl LP USD $30.23 Buy It Now 26 days
Talking Heads / The Name Of This Band Is .. / 1982 UK 1st press Double LP / EX+ USD $26.57 Buy It Now 28 days
TALKING HEADS - THE NAME OF THIS BAND IS TALKING HEADS - NEW CD BOXSET USD $21.33 Buy It Now 28 days
Name of This Band Is Talking Heads ( - Talking Heads New & Sealed LP Free Shippi USD $42.29 Buy It Now 29 days
TALKING HEADS Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads 2LP SEALED 180g USD $31.49 Buy It Now 29 days
The Name of This Band is Talking Heads, Talking Heads, New CD USD $21.34 Buy It Now 29 days
Talking Heads - Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads CD USD $24.69 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TALKING HEADS music online Buy TALKING HEADS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TALKING HEADS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(55%)

TALKING HEADS The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars Not only were Talking Heads a great studio band but they could definitely hold their ground even in a live setting. Even if Stop Making Sense is the more popular choice when it comes to proving that, I personally always preferred that early period of their first four albums which is perfectly covered on the 2-CD compilation called The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads!

Spanning over a total of 33 tracks on two CD's split into two parts where the first CD covers the period of 1977-79, where the band plays almost entirely as a quartet, and the second CD that covers the period of 1980-81, where the band was expanded into a mini-orchestra and featured Adrian Belew on guitar and backing vocals. The entire length of this live compilation is almost 160 minutes, giving a very complete experience of the two periods in Talking Heads' career, showing us the amazing live band that they were back in the day.

Even to this day I can't decide which of the two CDs I actually prefer since it usually depends on my mood. Right now I'm definitely leaning to the simpler, but more direct, approach of the early live material where the band relies entirely on their traditional rock music instruments and David Byrne's front man charisma in order to convey their music to the audiences. This works brilliantly thanks to the crisp sound production and great enthusiasm from the band members who manage to make most of these performances even more exciting than their studio versions! The second CD can almost be described as Adrian Belew's tour de force since he pretty much hijacks the band's sound on songs like Warning Sign, Born Under Punches and Crosseyed And Painless!

There is really no denying that The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads is the ultimate Talking Heads live album experience. Stop Making Sense might be more interesting for people who are not entirely familiar with Talking Heads' music since it offers a rich visual feast to back up the experience, but songs from Speaking In Tongues tend to ruin some of its momentum for me. This is definitely not the case here, even if I hesitate to give this release the highest rating due to such a wide variety of live performances featured here, I highly recommend everyone to check out this album!

***** star songs: New Feeling (3:10) Pulled Up (4:04) Psycho Killer (5:32) Who Is It (1:44) The Book I Read (4:22) I'm Not In Love (4:57) Artists Only (3:49) Air (4:01) Love->Building On Fire (3:47) Psycho Killer (5:33) Warning Sign (5:40) Cities (5:00) Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (8:24) Crosseyed And Painless (5:58) Life During Wartime (4:54)

**** star songs: A Clean Break (5:05) Don't Worry About The Government (3:04) The Big Country (5:09) The Girls Want To Be With The Girls (3:44) Electricity (Drugs) (3:28) Found A Job (5:35) Stay Hungry (4:05) Heaven (4:31) Stay Hungry (3:56) Drugs (4:41) Once In A Lifetime (5:57) Animals (4:05) Houses In Motion (6:54) Take Me To The River (6:33) The Great Curve (6:42)

*** star songs: Mind (4:56) Memories (Can't Wait) (3:44) I Zimbra (3:30)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#298159) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 09, 2010

Review by Slartibartfast
4 stars I have to say this one of the albums that really endeared me to the band.

Most certainly brings back memories and Memories Can't Wait. It showcases two periods in the band's life from the original foursome to the expanded band. They were never quite the same after the contraction when Adrian Belew moved on, though Stop Making Sense was an excellent concert video. For me this was their golden age. It took me a while to get into their first album, but this helped open me up to it. I had already warmed up to the band moving backwards from Remain In Light.

If you enjoyed this one on vinyl as much as I did the CD released in 2004 is even better. Talk about bonus tracks. You've practically got LP four albums worth of live material here rather than the original two!

The second CD in the expanded version of this album is a recreation of the set which the expanded version of the band performed live.

A good introductory album to those interested in exploring this band.

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#303513) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 11, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
5 stars This album, originally released in 1982 as a double-live album, and finally issued on CD in 2004 as a 2-disc package nearly twice as long as the original, is so flabbergastingly awesome that it's literally altered the way I view the band. Thanks to this album, I finally feel like I actually get what the band was trying to do, and furthermore I feel like I can enjoy the band as more than just an "interesting for interesting's sake" group centered around a quirky sonic texture. Hardcore fans of the band's studio efforts may scoff at the fact that it took a live album for me to accomplish this, and they may well be right; however, I would contend that if you have any ear whatsoever for live albums, you'll be able to appreciate what it is about this album that makes that so.

Name is slightly unusual for a live album in that, instead of attempting to give the listener an idea of what a "single representative concert" from the band sounded like, the album functions as an "evolutionary retrospective" of the band's development through the Remain in Light tour. The second disc is actually entirely devoted to that tour, whereas the first disc traces the band's journey from its original minimalistic '77 roots, through the dense guitar interplay and paranoia of '78 and '79. I'll tell you one thing about the '77 performances, taken from a live-in-the-studio recording: there is NO WAY I would have initially considered the songs from that album boring if they had been performed like this. There's just so much power and energy, and Byrne (already) sounds so much more deranged than on the studio album, that by the second listen I was totally floored. Sure, there's a lot to be owed to the remastering efforts, and I'm betting that even the band's club shows didn't sound quite like this, but still, what a listen.

Up next is the '78 Buildings and Food period, where my feelings of "huh, what a neat sound, if only I could remember more of the songs" turns into "wow, these are great songs!" I mean, yeah, I always thought "Found a Job" ruled, but replacing the extended Carribbean vibes coda with an extended coda of one guitar chugging away and the other playing the melody of the original coda again and again and again in such a brazen, audience-be-damned manner was just a stroke of genius. And sheesh, how did "Girls Want to be with the Girls" and (especially) "I'm Not in Love" become so intensely enjoyable? How did "Big Country" stop sucking, and how did "Drugs" become so freaking pleasant in addition to retaining a measure of creepiness? I know of some who want to put the blame solely with Eno for causing the studio versions of these tracks to have so much less power than these live performances, and maybe they'd have a point, but that would ignore the big step up in the pre-Eno '77 tracks. Let's just attribute it to Talking Heads being a great live band, mmkay?

Come '79, the band's live performances start to (naturally) take on the mood of Fear, even in tracks that had been penned earlier (both "Artists Only" and "Stay Hungry," the latter of which is given a neat dark keyboard passage in the middle, are done in somewhat disturbing ways). "Mind," "Air" and "Heaven" are all easily the equals of their studio versions (and in some ways superior; yay for energy and extra atmosphere), and "Memories Can't Wait" is very arguably superior, if only because of the extra echo on David's voice, and the weird mannerisms he takes on when singing.

So that's disc 1. Disc 2 sees the band expanding greatly, bringing in six extra musicians to make the sound fuller and give the group even a fighting chance of replicating the world- beat craziness of Remain in Light. The really good news out of all this is that Adrian Belew is here and in top form, contributing his bizarrely diverse sonic pallette in its full splendor, but it's just as nice to have everybody else around (especially Bernie Worrell on clavinet). Now, I know that some people would probably shrug their shoulders at the fact that the best the band can pull off is mimicing the studio versions, and that due to the lack of a bazillion studio overdubs they can't even pull that off completely. In other words, one might ask, what's the point of this disc? Well, I'll tell you; it's that listening to this ensemble working its collective tail off to make these songs work causes me to respect and even to enjoy these songs (I'm speaking primarily of the Light material, you see) more than I did as meticulous studio creations. In particular, "Houses in Motion" and "Born Under Punches" are nearly revelatory, and I say that as somebody who enjoyed these songs before and now loves them. "Punches" gets an interesting deconstruction, letting the main bassline occupy the forefront of the song in the introduction and in large part through the rest, and "Motion" is so hypnotic here it drives me nuts (in a good way). Throw in great performances of (among other things) "Warning Sign," "Cities," "I Zimbra," "Drugs" (cheerful like the one on the first disc, but also keeping the creepy effects of the studio version, making this the definitive version), "Animals" (which is totally transformed in the coda, and while I don't love this version more than the original, I definitely have an affinity for the laid- back ending here), "Life During Wartime" and "Take Me to the River" (which I enjoy a lot more than the Stop Making Sense version), and you have an absolutely necessary listen as far as I'm concerned.

In the end, then, this is so necessary, not only for Heads fans, but also for any pop music fan in general, that the fact that we had to wait so long for a CD issue of this seems in retrospect like an unpardonable crime by the music industry. Even if you don't have an interest in Talking Heads, you should have this; with 33 tracks, representing 28 tracks from the band's first four albums (and two non-album tracks), this really does satisfy the cliche of "Only Talking Heads Album You Need." Pick it up asap if you have any taste whatsoever.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#429801) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 09, 2011

3 stars I must admit i've always liked a few TALKING HEADS songs that have been on the radio over the years but i've never been impressed enough to buy an album until now. I took Slarts advise and bought this double disc recording that is packed full of live tunes from 1977-1981. It's packed because they've expanded the original vinyl double adding tracks from 1978 that were previously left off, and they expanded the 1980-1981 second disc from the "Remain In light" tour. Lots of great pictures and tributes from Rolling Stone (gag) and other rags that have spurned Prog over the years. Of course these guys are in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and I know I sound like I begrudge them but I don't. It's just knowing my favourite bands get ignored by these groups of people from these magazines and boards means to me that they have no credibility whatsoever. I think TALKING HEADS deserve the applause from mainstream media though because of their quirky, artsy, punk flavoured pop songs, I just don't share the same taste that is all. I do think ROXY MUSIC must have had an influence on this band and the fact Brian Eno produced them for a while doesn't hurt.

Man this is a long recording though. I think if your a fan at all you'll love this. And lets face it, it's usually the fans who buy live albums so i'm not surprised at the high rating here. It's a treasure trove really for fans. David Byrne is an unusual yet fantastic front man. I swear he really does appear to be a disturbed individual. I mean for real.This is funny, upbeat and energetic and highly entertaining. For a casual fan like me though 3 stars is my limit.This is a cool recording to have around though I must admit.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#451211) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 22, 2011

Post a review of TALKING HEADS "The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads"