Genesis - Many Too Many CD (album) cover

MANY TOO MANY

Genesis

Guillermo
4 stars I think that this is a good single, despite I think that it was a strange choice to release "Many Too Many" as a single, not being a "happy song". I think that it could have been a better choice to release "Scenes From a Night`s Dream" as a single instead. But "Many Too Many" is a good song, composed by Tony Banks, with lyrics about being bored working in a band for several years, a theme that several bands have used to write songs. It has a very good piano part accompanied very well by other keyboards, and with very good vocals by Phil Collins and a lead guitar by Mike Rutherford.

The songs included in the B-side of this single are also very good. "The Day the Light Went Out" is a song composed by Tony Banks with Progressive arrangements and very good keyboards. I think that the lyrics are about an apocalyptic situation caused by nuclear bombs explosions, but I could be wrong. "Vancouver" is a song with lyrics which are a bit similar in theme to The Beatles` "She`s Leaving Home", but in this Genesis`song the story told has a happy ending, with the girl regretting to leave her home and family, and her parents asking her to forgive them. It is a song composed by Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford, played without drums, but with a bit of percussion instruments, acoustic guitars and keyboards.

Guillermo | 4/5 |