Ywis - Leonardo's Dream CD (album) cover

LEONARDO'S DREAM

Ywis

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars This one has been ticking along on my CD player for a week without really impressing me. OK, I have heard far worse albums than this album......... and far better ones too.

I have to admit that AOR and AOR tinged Neo Prog is not my favorite kind of noises. Some of it is substantial worse than listening to mating foxes in the garden 0100 in the morning just before an important meeting/exam. But Ywis has thankfully produced a rather good album. Their brand of Neo Prog has a lot of influences from the Toronto scene. The likes of Triumph, Saga and Rush. The heavy metal edge guitars is here. So is the ballads too and the catchy verses and refrains. This album is very commercial AOR focused at times.

Just to repeat myself again; the music is rather good. The musicianship too. The vocals are pretty great. There is nothing here I dislike. But there is very little on this albums who scratches my two braincells too. This is catchy Neo Prog and that's all. A good effort, it is.

3 stars