LEONARDO'S DREAM

Ywis Leonardo's Dream album cover

Buy YWIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Sad Man (5:25)
2. Leonardo's Dream (3:26)
3. Twist To Release (5:51)
4. On My Own (8:31)
5. The Morning Roars Again (6:04)
6. The Allegory (4:34)
7. Our Flight (4:24)
8. Trial And Error (inst.) (5:23)
9. Put The Blame On History (8:19)

Search YWIS Leonardo's Dream lyrics

Search YWIS Leonardo's Dream tabs

- Rinus Hollenberg / guitars, keyboards, backing vocal
- Geert can de Burg / lead & backing vocal
- Herman Ruijters / drums, backing vocal
- Eric Stap / bass
- Rene van Spanje / keyboards

CD SI Music SI3061-2

YWIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YWIS Leonardo's Dream Music

Leonardo's DreamLeonardo's Dream
Roadrunner 1995
YwisYwis
Passport Jazz German 1994

More places to buy YWIS music online Buy YWIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YWIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YWIS Leonardo's Dream ratings distribution

YWIS Leonardo's Dream reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars I just referred to this album in my review of the debut album by Ywis. So this one is better and I'll explain why. The album starts off with Sad man, a powerfull track which gets you in the right mood. Next is the title track, a short compact song in the same vein as the first one, real energetic. Actually this goes also for the third track, though somewhat less impressive. The fourth is a very interesting ballad, emotionally sung by Geert van de Burg and ending with a beautiful piano solo. The 5th track is my personal favourite. The morning roars again is at last a track with a very good guitar solo by Rinus Hollenberg, in fact it's one of the best solos I know and believe me I know quite a lot of those. Almost a 5 star track, this one. The next two are not really the best of the album, still good but of course there will always be quality difference between songs. The 8th track is a tremendous instrumental, far better than the one on their debut album. In fact this entire album is real vigorous and so is the last track, which is resembled by the last track on their debut, only better.

So it's obvious that this successor is better than the debut by this band in every department. It deserves a better rating because of that. So I will give it 4 stars.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#148956) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 05, 2007

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Sounds older than it's year of release. Pleasant surprise, but these are not rare on my journey through Neo-Prog field. Funny thing is that before I discovered this site (and amongst other things, also concept of Neo-P), I wouldn't know how to classify this music. Now I'm here (tm Queen) and do know a little bit more.

Concept album is always pleasant, because it brings into Prog arena (not Arena) more, like spice enhances the food. Melodies are important in Neo (continuing in tradition of Symphonic) and they are quite good. Not nice at all cost, but also not so dark. Average, to be said. But sometimes, it jumps sky high. The best one would probably be Our Flight with nice rhymes, lyrics and refrain.

4(-), Marty is pleased.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#263759) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 01, 2010

3 stars This one has been ticking along on my CD player for a week without really impressing me. OK, I have heard far worse albums than this album......... and far better ones too. I have to admit that AOR and AOR tinged Neo Prog is not my favorite kind of noises. Some of it is substantial worse th ... (read more)

Report this review (#303623) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, October 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YWIS "Leonardo's Dream"