Tangerine Dream - Cyclone CD (album) cover

CYCLONE

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

tdfloyd
3 stars Cyclone is a TD album that caught quite a bit of flak when it was released. Vocals you say, not for TD. But yes after Peter Baumann left, Edgar Froese and Chris Franke bring in a drummer and a multi-instrumentists/vocalist to augment their sound. Bent Cold Sidewalk is a very good 13 minute piece of prog with vocals and an excellent instrumental break. My fav piece on the album comes with Dueling keys and flutes! The shorter Rising Runner never did much for me. Many regard the vocal-less Madrigal Meridian as the return to form and the major piece on Cyclone. The intro is worth the price of admission but the last 15 minutes do not have enough ideas for me. It kind of gets too repetitive in spots. A little editing and this would be a great track.

Overall, Cyclone is a welcome addition to my collection. It is much better than the TD purist, "I hate vocals" crowd who really need to give this another chance.

A strong 3 stars.