Saga - Behaviour  CD (album) cover

3 stars Saga peaked commercially with this album who also spawned a minor hit in the song What Do I Know.

I have not been listening to this album for at least two decades and I have not been listening to Saga since my last review of one of their albums many months ago. Saga was the band that introduced me to progressive rock so I have a soft spot for this band.

Progressive rock is a bit misleading when it comes to Saga. Pomp rock is a far better and more correct label. Saga is as pomp as you can get. This album fits into this mould like a hand in a glove. Pompous songs and pompous vocals, synths & guitars. Pompous is the word. Say cheeeeeeeeeese.

Despite of this and listening with prejudice, this album have some really good songs. What Do I Know is not one of them though. But You and the Night and Listen To Your Heart is Saga close to their best ever stuff. The songs is full of small details as per usual for a good Saga album. In short, this is a good Saga album, but probably also an acquired taste for those who does not know this band. I have a soft spot for Saga and I like their period from the debut album up to and including this album. This is a good album and a cosy nostalgia fest for my generation.

3 stars