Islands - Arm's Way CD (album) cover

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars The more I listen to this album, the less I like it, although I do see why they are included here. The music is slick, well played pop, with a few nods toward prog and psychedelic. But what brings them down, to my ears, is a sound that usually invokes Duran Duran or Coldplay.

The best, and proggiest, songs are Abominable Snow a fine homage to Sasquatch, and Vertigo (If It's a Crime), which ends the album on a proper note. But too much of this album just doesn't draw me in, leaving me that that old Duran Duran feeling.

2.5 stars, rounded up.