ARM'S WAY

Buy ISLANDS Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. The Arm (5:38)
2. Pieces of You (4:06)
3. J'aime Vous Voire Quitter (3:23)
4. Abominable Snow (4:35)
5. Creeper (3:14)
6. Kids Don't Know Shit (5:11)
7. Life in Jail (5:26)
8. In the Rushes (7:00)
9. We Swim (5:06)
10. To a Bond (7:47)
11. I Feel Evil Creeping In (5:31)
12. Vertigo (If It's a Crime) (11:01)

Total time 67:58

- Nick Thorburn / guitars, vocals
- Patrice Agbokou / bass
- Alex Chow / synthesizer, percussion, violin, viola
- Sebastian Chow / piano, violin, oboe, vocals

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

ISLANDS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ISLANDS Arm's Way Music

Islands-Arms Way CD NEW USD $6.64 Buy It Now 3 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY NEW CD USD $16.14 Buy It Now 6 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $12.81 Buy It Now 6 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY PROMO-CD USD $0.01 [0 bids]
Arm's Way by Islands (CD, May-2008, Rough Trade) Free Ship #KD53 USD $6.27 Buy It Now 8 days
ISLANDS<>ARM'S WAY<>NEW LP VINYL~USA Pressing~ANTI 86966-1 USD $36.58 Buy It Now 10 days
Islands - Arm's Way [New CD] USD $14.62 Buy It Now 12 days
Islands - Arm's Way [New CD] USD $14.71 Buy It Now 15 days
Arm's Way 2008 by Islands . EXLIBRARY *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Islands - Arms Way - 12 Track USD $5.40 Buy It Now 15 days
Arms Way 2008 by Islands EXLIBRARY USD $4.07 Buy It Now 16 days
Islands - Arms Way DIGIPAK USD $4.19 Buy It Now 17 days
Arm's Way - Islands (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.71 Buy It Now 17 days
Islands-Arms Way (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $6.34 Buy It Now 18 days
Islands, Arm's Way, Excellent USD $5.00 Buy It Now 19 days
CD ONLY (ARTWORK/DIGIPAK MISSING) Islands: Arm's Way USD $4.77 Buy It Now 19 days
Islands - Arm's Way [New Vinyl] USD $22.11 Buy It Now 20 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY CD NEW+ USD $15.44 Buy It Now 22 days
Used Music CD Liquidation Sale ** Artists: I-I #252 ** Buy 1 Get 1 flat ship fee USD $1.49 Buy It Now 22 days
Islands - Arm's Way (CD 2008) Digipack USD $5.07 Buy It Now 22 days
Islands- Arms Way CD ADVANCE PR0M0 FREE SHIPPING USD $7.59 Buy It Now 23 days
Islands Arms Way vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $40.68 Buy It Now 23 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $14.36 Buy It Now 24 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $10.26 Buy It Now 24 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY NEW CD USD $16.12 Buy It Now 24 days
ISLANDS - ARM'S WAY NEW CD USD $6.33 Buy It Now 24 days
ISLANDS 'ARMS WAY' NEW/SEALED CD - FREE 1ST CLASS POST USD $6.76 Buy It Now 27 days
ISLANDS ARMS WAY VERTIGO CREEPER RUSHES BOND ABOMINABLE SNOW PROG ROCK CD08 USD $5.77 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ISLANDS music online Buy ISLANDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ISLANDS Arm's Way ratings distribution

ISLANDS Arm's Way reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars The more I listen to this album, the less I like it, although I do see why they are included here. The music is slick, well played pop, with a few nods toward prog and psychedelic. But what brings them down, to my ears, is a sound that usually invokes Duran Duran or Coldplay.

The best, and proggiest, songs are Abominable Snow a fine homage to Sasquatch, and Vertigo (If It's a Crime), which ends the album on a proper note. But too much of this album just doesn't draw me in, leaving me that that old Duran Duran feeling.

2.5 stars, rounded up.

Review by TheGazzardian
2 stars Following up their debut, Islands changed their sound quite a significant amount. There are a lot more verse/chorus bits here, and a lot more sing-along choruses (but not in an AOR so much as that quirky way indie rock bands have). The Arm, Kids Don't Know Shit, and I Feel Evil Creeping In are each excellent examples of this.

Interestingly, this is the album that earned Islands their place here in Progarchives. To me, it is their debut album that is their proggiest, although I understand why this one got them included here. There is a bit of maturity here, and the addition of violins, that gives the music here a more distinctly symphonic texture here as opposed to their very indie-sounding debut.

The songs here are tighter and more consistent than they were on the debut, which is both a blessing and a curse. This album is imminently listenable, and from the first listen I've had these songs stuck in my head. I've listened to this album three times in the past day simply because the music will not leave my head. However, this sheen makes the album a bit less adventurous than their debut, which switched from extended psychedelic to odd instrumental to a piece with rap in the middle to folk, yet all staying within a recognisable sound. Here the band explores less different avenues of their sound, and so when you reach I Feel Evil Creeping In, it doesn't feel like you've gone that far from Life In Jail.

The album does end on a superb piece of music, Vertigo, the "epic" on this album, which while still very much in the mould of this album does offer more time for the instruments to build up texture and atmosphere, and does take the sound further than any other track.

Overall an enjoyable, light listen that entertains but does not hit very deep.

Post a review of ISLANDS "Arm's Way"