New Trolls - Concerto Grosso Per I New Trolls CD (album) cover

New Trolls

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars Wow and not so wow.

First half: just awesome. For a Rovescio della Megdalia fan like me, it's a great start. Beautiful violin arrangements and juicy guitar riffs. I thought to myself: 'What a start!'

Second half: oh lord, what happened? 20 minutes, surely not like the first half. The problem is that they dropped the concerto concept and replaced it by a lower Jethro Tull concept. And what's the gag with this drum solo? It's not even that good! There's nothing more annoying than a drummer who thinks he's Joe Morello, but wants to share so bad it's 'talent'. Results: annoying, useless if it's over 2 minutes. In fact, it's too loud and no melodic's not a concerto anymore!

Disappointed (but not totally) and still rooting for Rovescio as best blend of classical/ rock ever.

Menswear | 3/5 |