Saga - Worlds Apart CD (album) cover

WORLDS APART

Saga

toroddfuglesteg
4 stars The crown jewel in Saga's discography.

Saga has released a lot of albums since they started in the mid 1970s. I know because I have a 20 + albums with them. In a discography of silver and dirt, Worlds Apart is their best album.

It is very difficult to argue against an album that starts with a brilliant song like On the Loose. This is probably their best ever song too and a live favorite. It is also a very uplifting song and would feature on a lift-me-up compilation album if I ever made one. I love this song.

Other great songs on this album is Wind Him Up, Amnesia, Framed, No Regrets and No Stranger. There is in fact not a single weak song on this album at all. This album is full of very cleverly crafted pomp rock songs where the guitars and the keyboards are just perfect. So is the vocals too. Yes, the songs are cheesy and sounds stucked in the 1980s, the decade we all would like to forget. But this is still a great album and the one studio album worth having from a polarizing band you either love or hate.

4 stars