Flaming Bess - Verlorene Welt  CD (album) cover

VERLORENE WELT

Flaming Bess

ZowieZiggy
2 stars This pretty much confidential band already released one album prior to this one. Very few reviews are available for both works and I couldn't share the optimists about their debut.

I guess that I would mention the same critics about this "Verlorene Welt": enjoyable instrumental passages with some solid good electric guitar soloing ŕ la Carlos Santana; unfortunately combined with some German "wordings".

Some jazzy feel (already noticeable on their debut) like during "Kristallplanet" are not unpleasant; but the major problem is again these spoken words in German. These are pretty unnecessary as far as I am concerned. But it is true to say that I have never (and never will) appreciated German lyrics / vocals (the only exception being the great "99 Luftballons").

Would it have been a full instrumental, it would have been much better although too much of a pastiche of "Camel".

To be honest; while I am listening to the weak "Ballade", even the English lyrics and the female vocals can't really be exciting. Press next.

The whole feel is the same actually: some German "Camel" oriented music like "Zay" but less inspired. There are some decent symphonic moments ("Cron Endor") but too scarce to rate this one as a good album.

There is not a single outstanding track which could raise this album a point higher. The title track is just everything of the same stuff: a short intro with German words, some jazzy affair and a bit of female vocalizing.

No wonder that this band remained confidential. . It is just average IMHHO: which means two stars in my books.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |