Genesis - Duke CD (album) cover

DUKE

Genesis

voliveira
5 stars "Duke", 10th album's genesis was a watershed in the career of band.In one hand, there really inspired by bands Progressive Era ("Duke's travel") and more accessible ("Turn it on again"). Many fans Phase prog band don´t like this album.I'm personally like this.The 12 tracks on this album impressed me, some more, others less.

1-Behind the lines is a optimal range opening.The quickly and not lose much of its efficiency.I like much of instrumental introduction of two minutes.

2-Duchess is a song much more relaxed than previous, and his aberturainstrumental (also for 2 minutes) is guided by a drum machine and keyboards from Banks, who create an atmosphere of quite calma.Uma my favorite album.

3-Guide Vocals is a sort of "coda" of "Duchess" ,is a small range, guided by the voice of Phil Collins and the keyboards of Banks.

4-Man of Our Times is another song which I like much.Your chorus is perfect.

5-Misunderstanding is mainstream, and many people don´t like it.But,by more commercial than this song is, I can not help liking her.

6-Heathaze is my least favorite track, as I find it very protracted and crablouse.I'll give a 7 for the chorus, which is quite beautiful.

7-Turn it on again is another song too commercial, but I also like.

8-Alone Tonight is another ballad in the style of Phil Collins, but very pretty.

9-Cul-de-sac is another nice tune, where soon after the vocal has a small number of keyboard that culminates in the main theme.

10-Please do not ask -oh, God, how I love this song! This post-divorce ballad by Phil Collins is pretty sad and wistful, reflecting the spirit of it in period.Seu chorus is the most beautiful album.

11-Duke's travel is the "magnum opus" of this album, has the longest instrumental introduction of all the songs from Genesis: 6 minutes until the vocals entrarem.Até there, we have a sucesão of instrumental themes showing that Genesis was still quite progressive.

12-Duke's end" is other "coda," this time only serves to terminate the previous song (as the name suggests), but is a great instrumental piece.

4,5 stars!