Tangerine Dream - White Eagle CD (album) cover

WHITE EAGLE

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Lieven Van Paemel
3 stars "White Eagle" is about the only Tangerine Dream album from this lineup I really enjoy...

Somehow it has always reminded me of "Ricochet" because of the voice effects on Mojave plan and the titletrack... I always loved "White Eagle" because of the infinite sadness that comes from the tune... "Convention of the 24" is a very strong track with a minimalist rythm. "Midnight in Tula" is a bit of a rock 'n' roll fun and probably the least appealing track but... fun. The side 1 track "Mojave Plan" has excellent moments and like I mentionned reminds me of "Ricochet" part 2. I still have some of the vinyl albums from the Schmoeling period but this is the only one that doesn't bore me...

Unfortunately it is true... there are no "Phaedra" or "Rubycon" atmospheres here, no feeling of majestic space... But this more than just a decent album. A 3.5 really.

Lieven Van Paemel | 3/5 |