Camel - I Can See Your House From Here CD (album) cover

Frankie Flowers
3 stars This is another interesting album by Camel. There was a line up change after "Breathless", but it's a good thing that their sound is different again! There is also variety here which I will always acknowledge as a high point.

It was indeed an awkward time for music but it didn't mean Camel was on it's way down a long slope (Sorry, but some reviewers on this site were just too harsh). Their next album would prove that they could be even more wonderful again.

Initially, you might notice the weaker moments on here, in particular "Remote Romance". I'm not quite sure what they were doing with that one. This album definitely could have been better and more polished in places, although there are certainly enough good tracks here, such as the delightful "Eye of the Storm","Hymn To Her" and of course the best and rather moving "Ice" which ends it all on a moody note.

I don't like "I can see your house from here" quite as much as its predecessor " Breathless" but I still think it's good overall. Not VERY good, but still, good!. A mixure of moods can be felt from the various tunes on this album. Worth checking out, but it's not essential.

3 stars