Anathema - The Crestfallen CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

3 stars This is not progressive rock. This is doom/death metal with down-tuned guitars and growl- vocals. So most of you prog rock fans might not like this.

But let me say that this is also some of my favourite music ever. The songs are slow, depressing and atmospheric. The guitar melodies on "..and I lust" and "Sweet Suffering" are just divine. Somehow the whole ep through the cover art seems to have a certain feel to it. Anyway..this is a prog site and I have to say that youŽll not find anything prog-like from this cd.

But if this is your first cd of this kind of music and youŽd like to hear more of the same kind, then IŽd advice you to get Anathemas "Pentecost III" and My dying brideŽs "Turn loose the swans" for starters.

Lambert | 3/5 |