Anthony Phillips - Private Parts & Pieces CD (album) cover

Anthony Phillips

2 stars This is the first of a long series of album from Anthony (the Private Parts).

It is fully acoustic, and I can't say that this is the best experience I have shared. If I would dare a comparison, I would say that Steve also released quite a few albums of this style, of which none were convincing as far as I am concerned.

Easy Livin related very well the "Genesis" of this album, and I guess that we have to take it only for what it is. Some sort of bonus disc; nothing more I'm afraid.

This exercise doesn't really need a track by track description. There is little to write home about it. Some nice acoustic ballads (like "Old Father Time" which might be a play on words?). This work would have remained totally unknown or transparent if it weren't for the background of the artist. Vocals when present are not precisely exciting either.

Two stars is my rating for this album: I really couldn't feel lots of emotions while listening to it. Maybe during "Reaper"?

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |