Opeth - Still Life CD (album) cover

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

3 stars One day a friend told me about this group, was really very good, so I dove into it. When I heard the album I was surprised at both the sound quality than sound very powerful, unfortunately to my ears that are struggling to get this power and strength. The album did not trigger for me all the passions that some may have, probably has the violence of his or certain passages. The passages of sweetness with mixt widely passages in force, yelling and calm can hurt the ears at the variations too great. The result, however, a certain originality, but I did not hit as many have been fascinated by this album. The technique is very good musicians. The compositions suffer a bit in favor of contrasts and sequences, both variations are not quite worked.

Discographia | 3/5 |