Riverside - Schizophrenic Prayer CD (album) cover

2 stars I'm so disappointed with Rapid Eye Movement (I mean the song). It is so boring! I can understand a need for creating extremely long, atmospheric, slowly-swinging-into-action pieces, but it could be at least interesting. It is not at all. It's dull, dull, dull. Much duller than accountancy.

The single begins with Schizophrenic Prayer. It is a very good song but it's also very well known from REM which means there's nothing to celebrate. Rainbow Trip and Behind the Eyelids are both decent pieces, but that's it. Rainbow Trip is very monotonous and space rock song. The other one is a fairly nice and soothing song which is based on a few themes from Beyond the Eyelids. The last piece is a remix of Schizophrenic Prayer but it's just atrocious.

I enjoy this single from time to time but most often I don't bother to put the CD into a player.

bartosso | 2/5 |