Genesis - Foxtrot CD (album) cover

3 stars I listened classic Genesis albums for some decades, and good it or not my opinion didn't change much during that time. Foxtrot is one between few best their releases, I can agree with that. What doesn't mean I like it much.

Musicians are great there, sound is very balanced, and songs are melodic and complex at the same time. What else I need to enjoy the music?

I don't like Gabriel's vocals there, his singing is far from really great (I really prefer his voice in his best solo albums). Bass line is great and it add some spices in too comfortable and polished sound. I feel really comfortable when listening this album once again, but it never really worked for me. Too self-closed ( almost said -too British). Good music without being too original, too different,enough interesting...

I believe it more my taste, millions of fans love this album. Still 3 for competent musicianship.

snobb | 3/5 |