Transatlantic - SMPTe CD (album) cover

SMPTE

Transatlantic

voliveira
5 stars Transatlantic is the hottest supergroup of current progressive scene, consisting of Neal Morse (Spock's Beard) on vocals and keyboards, Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings, Kaipa) on guitar, Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) on drums and Pete Trewavas (Marillion) on bass.

His first album, "SMPT:e", 2000, is really a masterpiece of the last times that I do not dissapointed.Since the masterful epic opener "All of the above" (second only to "Duel with the Devil" in the title best music of the band) until the closing track "In Held Twas'In (​​remake of the first progressive epic of history), there are no weak moments, and the styles of bands that are from the guys are easily identified, and the classic bands of the year 70.Beyond of the aforementioned tracks, we still have "We all need some light" (beautiful melody and guitars), "Mystery Train " (first track on the album I've heard) and "My New World" (another great epic).

Surely this is an album worthy of 5 stars.Great work, highly recommended!

voliveira | 5/5 |