Tangerine Dream - Green Desert CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

3 stars Thi is very good and enjoyable piece of work. I was never a fan of TD and much less an expert in electronic music, but this album I prefer to their early efforts. I used to have "Phaedra" LP for a long time and now I have "Atem" and "Zeit" but never really got into them, while I liked their later 70s stuff, namely "Stratosfear" and "Force majeure". So I guess from previous reviews that's why I like this one too. The title track is excellent example of space electronic music with psyche solo guitar and drums, while "Astral Voyager" is another highlight marked with a sort of flute-like synth reminiscent of popular Morricone music from "Spaghetti western" films. The rest of the album is slightly more dull and mainly ambient sounds. Very a pleasant listen though, even for uninitiated people! Recommended.
Seyo | 3/5 |