Tangerine Dream - Melrose CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

3 stars Always difficult to review a Tangerine Dream album. Every album is so different. Throughout the years I learned to appreciate Tangerine Dream's evolution. But I have to say that not everything is in my taste. The 90's were not a real good period in the bands history, in artistic way. This album tough has had always a special place in my heart. Why? Don't really know, I think it's sounds warm to me. So here's a try: Good album but not exceptional. It needs a few listenings tough to appreciate some of the tracks. Very nice is Three Bikes In The Sky, with good and floating sounds and nice guitar. Also Electric Lion is one of my favourites. Starting very slow, it builds up to a climax with lot's of screaming guitars. The rest of the tracks are OK, except for the title track; I don't like the saxophone on this one. But that's personal For those of you that liked for example Underwater Sunlight; try it! For the fans of the early days; don't even bother!
Tangram | 3/5 |