Transatlantic - Whirld Tour 2010 Live in London CD (album) cover

WHIRLD TOUR 2010 LIVE IN LONDON

Transatlantic

darkshade
5 stars Every time I watch this I get a big grin on my face, especially at the beginning of the first set, starting off The Whirlwind. That album is easily one of the best symphonic albums of the 2000s, and up there with the classics of the 70s.

It's great to see everyone having a good time. It makes you wonder if all the members (including Daniel) are thinking about making Transatlantic their full time band. 3 out of the 4 main members are not in a full time band, one is, and one is a hired gun (but may as well be a 5th member). It seems they all enjoy the band and its music, and this is evident on this DVD.

You get all the big TA epics, plus a riveting version of We All Need Some Light, with the crowd singing along. Sends chills down my spine. All the big epics are played with emotion and delivered perfectly. I like how almost all the songs are tuned down half a step (for you musicians out there) which gives the songs a little bit different of a feel (though they're the same songs)

There is really nothing wrong with this DVD/Live album, it's a perfect 3 hour long prog rock concert, performed by some of the best in the business today. Long Live Transatlantic and may their 4th album come out sooner than later!

darkshade | 5/5 |