Deep Purple - The Book Of Taliesyn CD (album) cover

THE BOOK OF TALIESYN

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

sarge
5 stars This has to be one of THE most underrated albums of all time, as exemplified by all your negative reviews and my own subsequent rebuttal. A masterpiece within the undercurrent of petty reviews.

Man, I tell ya Rod Evans is f***ing incredible. I sat there for 45 minutes in absolute awe of his voice. Surley that voice alone earns this album 3 stars MINIMUM.

My 2 favourite tracks from this labum "Shield" and "Anthem" are proto-prog masterpieces. How can people not see this? Brooding atmosphere with hypnotic overtones and Evans' sonically divine vocals. Impeccable stuff right here.

And Deep Purple covering The Beatles "We Can Work It" a poor choice? Oh how wrong you all are. Fusing 2 incredible styles together to form one ultimate track. I see no problems here.

sarge | 5/5 |