Arena - Pepper's Ghost CD (album) cover

PEPPER'S GHOST

Arena

Trafficdogg
3 stars I still love this band and I love "Pepper's Ghost"... as a prog metal album. I have nothing against prog metal per - say... but if that's not your forte stick to what you do best. This album has alot of great material but I can't help but feel that ARENA is aiming for some bizzare cross over sojurn. CONTAGION was right where the band needed to be. A perfect marriage of hard and edgy rock and grand progressive rock tradition. This material with that sound / style would have made this a better album. CLIVE NOLAN did not play a large enough role on this CD.

As I said, if you're prog - metal, be prog metal, if you are between, be between or whatever. Crossing over could really hurt this band and I regard them as one of the most creative and better bands working.

Trafficdogg | 3/5 |