Camel - The Single Factor CD (album) cover

THE SINGLE FACTOR

Camel

Frankie Flowers
3 stars It was quite disappointing at first knowing that it came after "Nude" but I honestly think it's not a bad album after repeated listens.

There's a huge change in sound compared to the previous more progressive album although the songs here are more accessible and there is a lot of variey. It doesn't have the best of beginnings with "No Easy Answer" which was obviously meant to be a commercial track. I found it a bit too cheesy but it's ok. The songs seem to get better and better and the best tracks are in the middle of the album. "Selva" is a nice one. "Lullabye" and "Sasquatch" are excellent highlights. Things take a slight dive with "Manic" but pick up again with "Camelougue" and "End Peace" is also decent enough.

Probably the worst Camel album. I would have given it 2 stars a while back but I've learned to appreciate it over time. You shouldn't start you Camel collection with this one, but if you like the band a lot you could check it out. The following album was a big improvement. A low 3 stars.

Frankie Flowers | 3/5 |