Leb I Sol - Infinity CD (album) cover

INFINITY

Leb I Sol

Mellotron Storm
3 stars I enjoyed LEB I SOL's first three albums very much, but my feelings aren't quite the same for this fourth album. The keyboardist has left and they didn't replace him making them a trio at this point. I don't even think that the lack of keyboards is the issue as I really enjoyed their double live album which also has no keyboards. It's just that the songs aren't of the same quality in my opinion even though this album does have it's moments.

"Hars" has these steady drums as the guitar and bass help out.The guitar starts to light it up before 3 1/2 minutes. "Skakavac" is another uptempo track and check out the bass on this one. "Ziva Rana" is the first vocal track and it's a good one. A scream before 4 minutes as it then kicks in with some passion. I like the guitar here. "Ajdi Sonce Zajde" starts to pick up a minute in with drums. I like this. It kicks in hard before 2 minutes then settles back before 3 1/2 minutes before kicking in one more time.

"Beli Mrak" opens with drums as vocals join in. Flugelhorn after 2 1/2 minutes as drums pound. "Neplacena Struja" picks up before a minute. I like the drumming and guitar. "U To Je Stvar" is a relaxed tune with vocals. "Stomacne Vijuge" is uptempo with guitar. Clapping 2 1/2 minutes in to end it. "Kasno Popodne" has these intricate guitar melodies a minute in as the guest flugelhorn follows.

3.5 stars.This is a good album but when comparing it to their previous three it does pale somewhat in my opinion.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |