INFINITY

Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Hars (4:06)
2. Skakavac (3:04)
3. Ziva rana (5:43)
4. Ajde sonce zajde (5:00)
5. Beli mrak (3:28)
6. Neplacena struja (4:06)
7. U tom je stvar (3:43)
8. Stomacne vijuge (2:55)
9. Kasno popodne (4:46)

Search LEB I SOL Infinity lyrics

Search LEB I SOL Infinity tabs

- Vlatko Stefanovski / guitars, vocals
- Garo Tavitijan / drums
- Bodan Arsovski / bass

With:
- Stjepko Gut / flugelhorn

LP PGP RTB 2320118 (1981 Yugoslavia)
CD T.Pics/PGP RTS CD 2046 (2000 Slovenia) (Re-issue paired with Rucni rad on 1 CD)

Thanks to seyo for the addition
and to seyo for the last updates

LEB I SOL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEB I SOL Infinity Music

Audio CD$20.00 (used)
LEB I SOL AKUSTICNA TRAUMA ETHNO JAZZ EXYUGOSLAV 2LP US $61.49 Buy It Now 1 day
LEB I SOL KALABALAK FUSION JAZZ ROCK EXYUGOSLAV LP US $40.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LEB I SOL S/T ETHNO JAZZ STEFANOVSKI EXYUGOSLAV LP US $61.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Leb-I-Sol - Con Briorubato - Basic Beat - 1995 #30935 US $4.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Vlatko Stefanovski ( Leb i Sol) ?- 3 Summer Days CD limited/ sealed MINT US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
OMLADINA V/A INDEXI LEB I SOL JAZZ FUSION FUNK EXYU 2LP US $122.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LEB I SOL FIRST LP EX RARE YUGO RARE FUSION JAZZ ROCK Smak, Indexi, Time US $35.00 Buy It Now 5 days
LEB I SOL - (?) !!! EXTRA RARE YUGO JAZZ - ROCK FUSION !!! US $24.90 Buy It Now 6 days
4 YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK PROG. FUSION.CASSETES LOT.R.CORBA.LEB I SOL..SMAK..FREE SHIP. US $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK FUSION CASSETTES LOT.VIKTORIJA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPING US $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
4 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK..ALTER ROCK. CASSETTES.LEB I SOL.B.LEFT..FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN PROGRESSIVE CD' S LOTGSMAK.REZONANSA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPIN US $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VLATKO STEFANOVSKI - COWBOYS & INDIANS.LEB I SOL..FUSION.JAZZ ROCK.FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL 1979 RARE UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE TAPE ROCK JAZZ US $34.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Damage Vol76 RARE NEW CD Buzzcocks LEMONHEADS PJ Harvey JOI Leb i Sol CAKE Dink US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
LEB I SOL"SREBRANA" PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $35.00 Buy It Now 13 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG/EX- US $18.00 Buy It Now 15 days
LEB I SOL SLEDOVANJE RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG+/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 15 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1987-YUGOSLAV JAZZ-ROCK-FOLK US $10.00 Buy It Now 16 days
LEB I SOL NIE CETVORICATA 78'PROG WHITE LABEL EXYU 7"PS US $20.49 Buy It Now 16 days
LEB I SOL rucni rad + beskonacno 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock 2 albums on 1CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL akusticna trauma live 2001 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL best of vol. 1+2 2003 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock TWO CDs US $50.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL sledovanje 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD with bonus songs US $28.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL-NIE CETVORICATA/DEVETKA-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 7" 45rpm 1978-YUGO PROG ROCK US $11.00 Buy It Now 18 days
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL live MACEDONIAN 1995 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 18 days
LEB I SOL live in New York YUGOSLAVIAN 1991 jazz/rock/etno CASSETTE US $13.00 Buy It Now 18 days
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL/double life RARE MACEDONIAN 1993 CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 23 days
LEB I SOL TANGENTA FANTSTIC YUGOSLAV JAZZ FOLK ROCK ORIGIN 1ST PRESS1984 EX-/EX US $35.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL 2 ethno Yugoslav jazz rock PRESSING 1979 VG/EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL KAO KAKAO ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESSING 1987 EX/NM- US $34.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL SAME FANTASTIC EX YUGOSLAV PRESSING ETHNO JAZZ ROCK 1978 VG-/EX- US $26.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL PUTUJEMO ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS JAZZ ROCK 1989 EX-/EX US $26.00 Buy It Now 25 days
2CD LEB I SOL - Live in Macedonia 30th Anniverary Tour Concert 2006 one records US $28.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL - NIE CETVORICATA RARE YUGO JAZZ ROCK FUSION 7"PS 1978 US $29.99 Buy It Now 27 days
LEB I SOL feat. DADO TOPIC TAKA NATAKA, MACEDONIAN JA FOLK ROCK CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 27 days
PREDMESTJE "Brez Naslova" CD kraan Leb I Sol US $17.82 Buy It Now 28 days
LEB I SOL"2 ZLATNA"PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $45.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LEB I SOL music online Buy LEB I SOL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEB I SOL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEB I SOL Infinity ratings distribution

LEB I SOL Infinity reviews

Review by Seyo
4 stars The first major shift in the carer of LEB I SOL occured immediately after the release of the third album "Rucni rad", when keyboardist Koki Dimusevski left the band. His replacement was Miki Petkovski, formerly of SMAK, but he also left after few months. They then decided to continue as a trio, without keyboards and started composing theatre soundtracks.

In the beginning of 1981 they released the fourth album, under the enigmatic title - a mathematical symbol for "Infinity" (∞). This period saw a flood of "new wave" in ex-Yugoslavia and old prog-rockers began to fade out... So LEB I SOL decided to comply, accepting influences from new wave, but filtering them through their improvisational/fusion approach, making songs with more lyrics for wider public and retaining "jazzy" instrumental play, particularly evident on their concerts of the era. Arsovski was forced to expand his bass playing in order to fill the gap of missing keyboards.

"(∞)" is a transitional album in a good sense and still one of their best! Out of 9 songs, 3 are with lyrics and these happen to be among their best: "Ziva rana", "Beli mrak" and "U tom je stvar". They are dominated by the sense of melancholy, depression, emptiness and some eerie dark, Minor keys, with leading melodic instrument being Arsovski's fretless bass. Stefanovski probably listened to THE POLICE a lot at that time because the sound of guitar and percussion are often similar to Summers/Copeland style, while Sting also appeared to have played fretless at occassions. Nonetheless this combination sounds good if you are willing to accept it (I can feel the horror of prog purists at every mention of "new wave", but come on! - here is another "prog-punk" link: Andy Summers in his early days was messing up with Canterbury scene, while later on he actively collaborated with Robert Fripp! Enough?) Macedonian folk is retained however and they did an excellent remake of traditional "Ajde sonce zajde". Jazz veteran trumpetist Stjepko Gut added a few nice notes of flugelhorn in two tracks.

Now what to say? I am supposed to recommend this album to prog listeners or prog novices! Well, if you never listened to LEB I SOL, start first with any of the first 3 albums. If you like it, then come here! If you are a fusion fan, you will have already appreciated first 3 albums and you may like this one too. If you are more open to the music of different genres (like I am ) you will find many moments on "(∞)" to admire and listen to, no matter the genre definition. After these guidelines one can easily mark it 3 stars, but hell, for me this is excellent addition to any collection!

CD re-issue "2LP on 1CD" coupled with "Rucni rad" (T.Pics/PGP RTS, CD 2046, 2000) is out there, so grab the chance and enjoy!

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#37428) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 24, 2005

3 stars I enjoyed LEB I SOL's first three albums very much, but my feelings aren't quite the same for this fourth album. The keyboardist has left and they didn't replace him making them a trio at this point. I don't even think that the lack of keyboards is the issue as I really enjoyed their double live album which also has no keyboards. It's just that the songs aren't of the same quality in my opinion even though this album does have it's moments.

"Hars" has these steady drums as the guitar and bass help out.The guitar starts to light it up before 3 1/2 minutes. "Skakavac" is another uptempo track and check out the bass on this one. "Ziva Rana" is the first vocal track and it's a good one. A scream before 4 minutes as it then kicks in with some passion. I like the guitar here. "Ajdi Sonce Zajde" starts to pick up a minute in with drums. I like this. It kicks in hard before 2 minutes then settles back before 3 1/2 minutes before kicking in one more time.

"Beli Mrak" opens with drums as vocals join in. Flugelhorn after 2 1/2 minutes as drums pound. "Neplacena Struja" picks up before a minute. I like the drumming and guitar. "U To Je Stvar" is a relaxed tune with vocals. "Stomacne Vijuge" is uptempo with guitar. Clapping 2 1/2 minutes in to end it. "Kasno Popodne" has these intricate guitar melodies a minute in as the guest flugelhorn follows.

3.5 stars.This is a good album but when comparing it to their previous three it does pale somewhat in my opinion.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#336451) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post a review of LEB I SOL "Infinity"