Manning - Charlestown CD (album) cover

CHARLESTOWN

Manning

tudorbuhatel
4 stars I don't really know how to start this off so I'm going to begin with saying that I enjoyed it. His voice is a bit too similar to Ian Anderson's and the songs are a bit too much like Jethro Tull's. But overall it's quite a decent release.

It is definitely one of those albums that only prog-enthusiasts (classic prog to be more specific) will comprehend and enjoy to its full potential.

The first track seems a bit too long, and feels like it's 5 or 6 songs fused together, you don't get that "whole" feeling, which you get from tracks such as "2112" or "Shine On You Crazy Diamond".

However after the first song, the eponymous "Charlestown", things seem to run more smoothly and we are able to distinguish more originality, although the Jethro Tull influence remains on songs such as "Clocks" , "T.I.C" or "Finale".

4 stars seems appropriate