Rush - Rush in Rio CD (album) cover

RUSH IN RIO

Rush

abreuvenherp
5 stars I was there (!!!!) [and on the previous Sao Paulo show as well] and I felt like it was the gig of their lives. The DVD really captured the intensity of the audience and we (fans) really showed Rush that their craziest audiences are here in Brazil; everyone sang along every lyrics and instrumental passages and we could feel that the band was in complete ecstasy, playing at their best! If a band wants to know how much they are loved , bring them to Brazil!! The same thing occured on the Marillion/Iron Maiden/Deep Purple/etc. shows I've been to in Brazil: a hot audience thirsty for Rock 'n Roll who knows every song by heart!

In respect to the music, it's flawless, I've watched the DVD over and over and it's always surprinsing me with the richness of details and accurate individual performances; therefore, this is an essential prog/hard rock album for both the long-time fans and for the newcomers as well, since it comprises the best songs of all phases in Rush's career on a fantastic gig, with a great sound/video quality.

Obs.: Just for the record, Neil's drum solo "O Baterista" ("The Drummer" in Portuguese language) is breathtaking and really deserved the Grammy for best instrumental piece. It was about time the Americans recognised the work of one of the world's finest musician!

Keep Rushin'!!!!!!!!