Pink Floyd - Relics CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

zravkapt
Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars I only bought this for "Biding My Time". Apparently a leftover from the Meddle sessions although the band was playing a live version as early as 1969. The song wasn't worth the purchase. Before I got Relics a friend of mine had the Shine On box with the Early Singles CD in it. That was the first place I heard "Arnold Layne" and "See Emily Play". It had "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" as well but in mono.

Besides the early singles and B-sides, this also has the two best songs from More: "Cirrus Minor" and "The Nile Song". The Piper version of "Interstellar Overdrive" is here. Two good but ignored songs in "Remember A Day" and "Julia Dream". The former is a song written by Wright from A Saucerful Of Secrets; the latter was the B-side to the flop single "It Would Be So Nice". "Julia Dream" is the first song Floyd recorded with Gilmour after Barrett had gone.

Overall, a very all over the place collection. For the longest time this was the easiest way to get "Arnold Layne", "See Emily Play" and the studio "Eugene". This compilation I think had three different covers, one by Nick Mason. Not worth getting if you have all the studio albums. For fans and completists only. 2 stars.

zravkapt | 2/5 |