Sigur Rós - Von CD (album) cover

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

3 stars I was a little suprised in hearing this album the first time through, not knowing what to expect. I had heard SIGUR RÓS's later albums beforehand. The least to say I was pleasantly suprised. It does not hold up as well as their later stuff as far as musical direction goes. It really takes a while for the album to take off, but when it does, it really does. You can clearly hear traditionaly guitar work on this one, unlike the later material. It's not a masterpiece, but worth checking if your a SIGUR RÓS fan or in the mood for some a little adventurous.
Azrael2112 | 3/5 |