VON

2. Dögun (5:50)
3. Hún Jörđ... (7:18)
4. Leit Ađ Lífi (2:34)
5. Myrkur (6:14)
6. 18 Sekúndur Fyrir Sólarupprás (0:18)
7. Hafssól (12:25)
8. Veröld Ný Og Óđ (3:29)
9. Von (5:12)
10. Mistur (2:16)
11. Syndir Guđs (Opinberun Frelsarans) (7:45)
12. Rukrym (9:01)

Search SIGUR RÓS Von lyrics

Search SIGUR RÓS Von tabs

- Jónsi Birgisson / vocals, guitars
- Georg Holm / bass
- Ágúst / drums
- Kjartan Sveinsson / keyboards

CD Bad Taste [Iceland] (1997) / CD One Little Indian Us 661 (2004)

SIGUR RÓS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SIGUR RÓS Von Music

Sigur Rós - Meth Suth I Eyrum Vith Spilum Endalaust (2008) CD US $6.46 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Sigur Rós ?- "Ágćtis Byrjun" CD digipak US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sigur Rós ?- "( )" CD in plastic slipcase w/cutout US $7.99 [0 bids]
Sigur Rós - Sćglópur 12" vinyl US $25.00 [0 bids]
Sigur Rós Ros / Kveikur CD NEW SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 22h 20m
SIGUR ROS Sigur Rós? Hvarf Heim Vinyl 2 COLOR LP LIMITED RECORD STORE DAY US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sigur Rós - ( ) CD with Plastic Cover (2002) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sigur Rós - Meth Suth I Eyrum Vith Spilum Endalaust (2008) US $5.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Sigur Rós - Von (IMPORT) NR MINT! 24HR POST!! US $64.80 Buy It Now 3 days
SIGUR RÓS: VALTARI FILM EXPERIMENT [DVD] - NEW DVD US $11.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Sigur Rós - Von (NEW CD) US $14.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Sigur Rós ?- Ágćtis Byrjun cd ros agaetis US $3.99 [0 bids]
Mojo CD Dream Pop Sigur Rós Cocteau Twins Panda Bear Beach House (New/Sealed) US $4.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Sigur Rós - Takk... (2009) US $8.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari (2012) US $8.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Bjork Selman Songs Promotional Only Poster Sugarcubes Sigur Rós US $21.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust by Sigur Rós CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
(Untitled) by Sigur Rós CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BRAND NEW Hvarf/Heim [Digipak] [Limited] by Sigur Rós (CD, Nov-2007, 2 Discs, XL US $16.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Sigur Rós Međ Suđ Í Eyrum Viđ Spilum Endalaust 11 Trk Double Vinyl LP SEALED US $58.15 Buy It Now 8 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun (2000) CD DIGIPAK MINT US $8.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Sigur Rós ?- Gobbledigook 1 TR PROMO US $11.62 Buy It Now 9 days
Official Poster for Sigur Rós Kveikur Album Release US $9.30 [0 bids]
Sigur Rós ?Ros Hvarf / Heim 2 LP Vinyl Green Blue record store day RSD 2013 NEW US $75.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Inni [2 Bonus CDs] [Box] * by Sigur Rós (CD, Nov-2011, 3 Discs, XL (UK)) US $26.08 Buy It Now 10 days
JULIAN FANE - Special Forces (Planet Mu CD 2004) Sigur Rós Dntel M83 Radiohead US $4.97 Buy It Now 10 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari (NEW CD) US $11.20 Buy It Now 11 days
Sigur Rós - Hvarf - Heim (NEW CD) US $11.20 Buy It Now 11 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $41.53 Buy It Now 11 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun CD. (2000) US $6.63 Buy It Now 12 days
Sigur Rós Varúđ 10" Single [SEALED VINYL] Limited Edition to 1500 XL Varud 2012 US $20.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Sigur Rós - (Untitled, 2002) CD - FatCat records US $6.63 Buy It Now 12 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun (2014) US $15.52 Buy It Now 12 days
Sigur Rós - Meth Suth I Eyrum Vith Spilum Endalaust (2008 MINT CD QUALITY + FAST US $6.46 Buy It Now 13 days
Sigur Rós: Inni­ (Blu-Ray + 2 CD), Very Good DVD, , US $24.93 Buy It Now 16 days
Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson & Sigur Rós Angels Of The Universe 17 Trk CD Album US $21.59 Buy It Now 16 days
Sigur Rós - Meth Suth I Eyrum Vith Spilum Endalaust (CD) US $4.97 Buy It Now 17 days
(Untitled) by Sigur Rós (CD, Oct-2002, MCA (USA)) US $4.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Sigur Rós - (Untitled, 2002) US $8.29 Buy It Now 18 days
Sigur Rós - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust (2008) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $9.90 Buy It Now 19 days
Sigur Rós - Untitled, 2002 MUSIC CD FREE UK POST US $7.06 Buy It Now 19 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED Sigur Ros US $69.50 Buy It Now 19 days
SIGUR RÓS: TAKK... 2009 CD NEW US $7.96 Buy It Now 19 days
Sigur Rós - Von (2014) US $15.52 Buy It Now 20 days
Sigur Rós - Meth Suth I Eyrum Vith Spilum Endalaust CD + UK FREEPOST US $5.97 Buy It Now 20 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun 2000 MUSIC CD FREE UK POST US $6.63 Buy It Now 21 days
Sigur Rós - Hvarf - Heim (2009) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.15 Buy It Now 22 days
Sigur Rós Kveikur 2x Vinyl LP Record with Indie Exclusive 10"! & MP3! ros NEW!!! US $48.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari Vinyl LP US $44.85 Buy It Now 22 days
Sigur 1/Sigur 9 [EP] [CD & DVD] by Sigur Rós (CD, Ju... US $38.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Sigur Rós - (Untitled, 2014) US $15.52 Buy It Now 23 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari CD New US $21.59 Buy It Now 23 days
Sigur Ros, Sigur Rós, ( ) Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Sigur Rós - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust (2008) US $8.29 Buy It Now 25 days
Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun (2014) US $17.18 Buy It Now 25 days
Sigur Rós - (Untitled, 2014) US $17.18 Buy It Now 25 days
Sigur Rós - Von (2014) US $17.18 Buy It Now 25 days
AMINA AnimaminA - Icelandic MINT 4 track 2005 CD EP - Sigur Rós related - TWI 1 US $14.50 Buy It Now 26 days
Sigur Rós - Kveikur (2013) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $12.40 Buy It Now 27 days
Sigur Rós - Agaetis Byrjun - 2014 (NEW CD) US $14.52 Buy It Now 27 days
Sigur Rós - ( ) - 2014 (NEW CD) US $14.52 Buy It Now 27 days
Sigur Rós - (Untitled, 2002) CD Limited Version In Plastic Slip Case ( FATCD22 ) US $7.79 Buy It Now 27 days
Sigur Ros, Sigur Rós, ( ) Audio CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Sigur Rós - Valtari (2012) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $9.90 Buy It Now 29 days
Sigur Rós, Jónsi, We Bought A Zoo (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) US $3.72 Buy It Now 29 days
Sigur Rós, , New US $10.91 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SIGUR RÓS music online Buy SIGUR RÓS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SIGUR RÓS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SIGUR RÓS Von ratings distribution

SIGUR RÓS Von reviews

Review by FloydWright
2 stars While I did find a little more to listen to on Von than Bryan Adair, I concur with his overall conclusion that this is an album only for the real SIGUR ROS fan who is interested in seeing just how much the band has changed. To me, it's absolutely incredible that they were able to follow this with the absolutely spotless, sweeping, symphonic Agaetis Byrjun...because this poorly-produced, slapped-together seeming album could well have sunk the band, and is really more of a 1.5 than the 2 I gave it.

Had I been listening to Von with no knowledge of what was to come...to be honest, I would have either expected the band to fall into obscurity except for its native Iceland--and if it did have a breakthrough, for it to be in the poppier vein of "Hún Jörđ" or "Myrkur", the latter of which has serious shades of RADIOHEAD. "Myrkur", almost alone among SIGUR ROS' songs, actually has lyrics that you can sing to if you pay attention and follow the lyrics booklet (yes, this one actually came with lyrics!)--even if you don't know Icelandic. "Von" itself also avoids excess and becomes a likeable song, with some pretty vocals from JONSI BIRGISON.

Overall, this is more of an ambient collection than a serious musical album. Tracks like the opening "Sigur Rós" and "Haffsól" have a great atmosphere at times, but then they run on too long for their own good and often fall apart at the end, ruining the ambience they have created. Other, somewhat shorter tracks like "Veröld Ný Og Óđ" (which I personally liked) are also in the ambient vein. This percussion piece would probably satisfy people who enjoyed "Convergence" on RADIOHEAD composer JONNY GREENWOOD's solo album Bodysong, although I think the latter piece is more satisfying. Other tracks are a complete, pretentious disaster, most especially "Rukrym", which is something like six minutes of dead silence and then "Myrkur" run backwards...and most especially "18 Sekúndur Fyrir Sólarupprás"--which if I am reading that properly, seems to mean "18 Seconds for Sunrise"...and I believe it's 18 seconds of silence! I can't even remember properly because there was so little to cling to.

While I can't give this a 1, this album will probably try the patience of even a dedicated SIGUR ROS fan, and only the serious fans should get this one--as a historical piece.

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#36508) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars This is it - when obscurity plays for album, not against it.

''Von'' was surrounded with a flair of mystery, as the Icelandic-only debut album by the all-mighty Post-Rock gods SIGUR ROS. Re- issued in 2004, it has become on of the major disappontments for many that year. In fact, there was nothing special about ''Von'' - it was nice album, a little bit too rough and raw, a little bit too muddy recorded and weak in songwriting side. It has some nice moments, notably the title track - almost 10 minutes of frightening ambience for an album's opener, quite challenging! Besides it's SR's darkest track still, I like it very much but find it useless as a song ;) Other tracks fall into Shoegaze/Psych Rock category, with wall-of-sound approach, a little bit of early Pink Floyd here, a little bit of Ride there and even a bit of Kraut-Rock everywhere. Definitely non-essential, serving for fans to let them know how SR has began; but if you're deeply into loose Psychedelic stuff, this one is worthy of checking

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#157300) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 31, 2007

Review by Moatilliatta
1 stars While Sigur Ros did become one of the leaders in musical innovation, and a masterpiece machine to boot, they didn't quite get it right the first time around. In fact, it was very far from right. Far left, I suppose. Or is it wrong? I get confused with contexts far too much! Anyhow, the band's debut, Von, is more of a tolerance test than an album. Much of this album is amibence, some of it draws from shoegazer music, and the rest is somewhat psychadelic. The lush sound backdrop was attempted here (the abysmal production more or less defeats the purpose), and Jonsi's voice is what it is, but other than that this bears practically no resemblance to the Sigur Ros we know and love today. And that time I mean it in a bad way. The only track worth keeping is the title track.

Apparently the band originally paid for this album by washing windows at the studio they recorded it at. Neat story, but don't let it fool you into thinking you should own it! My advice is to steer clear of this one, start with their first proper/good full-length Ágćtis Byrjun. Everything from that one on is brilliant (and well-produced)! History has its place, and often times that place is history. Such is the case with Von. It's hard to give out one-star reviews, because often times there is some good in an album, or it will please some people. But here, in addition to the fact that I would score every album after this with at least four stars (probably even going straight fives), I'm going to give this one the dreaded single-star score. Don't look into this album unless you are already familiar with the band's other material!

Send comments to Moatilliatta (BETA) | Report this review (#172594) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 30, 2008

Review by UMUR
1 stars Von is the debut studio album from Iceland´s experimental/ post rock legends Sigur Rós. I´ve read many reviews of Sigur Rós albums over the years but never listened to anything from them ( I might have seen a video once, I seem to remember something but I´m not sure). From the other reviews here on PA I can read that this album is not the best place to start with the band and I can only agree with that.

The music is very ambient, very noisy and extremely repetitive. Out of the very ( too) long playing time ( 72:19 minutes) there´s only a few minutes of structured music that actually sounds like songs. The rest is ambient sound experiments. At least that´s what it sounds like to my ears. The beautiful cover artwork lured me into believing that I was in for something special ( stupid me. I´ll never trust glossy pictures again), but I was terribly let down. Just getting through the opening songs 9:47 minutes was something of a trial for me. I guess I just don´t have the patience for this extremely long drawn and repetitive music/ sounds. Music this extreme will always be an aquired taste, I know that, but Sigur Rós really takes it too far on Von. There are redeeming moments on the album and I would like to mention Syndir Guđs (Opinberun Frelsarans) which is by far the best song on the album IMO. There´s drums and something that reminds me of structured songwriting present in that song. Too bad the album ends with several minutes of silence before we´re treated with backwards played song noises. That borders waste of time IMO.

The musicianship seems allright, but I´m having a hard time judging their skills from the occasional bits of songs that occur between the ambient sounds.

The production is good, but it doesn´t really soothe my ears.

I don´t give out many 1 star ratings, and quite frankly I hate to give them, because when I do, it means that I have just spend time listening to an album that I dislike more than usual. I never quite feel that the time was totally wasted though as I like to broaden my horizon with new or unknown acts. Sometimes my curiosity works and I´m rewarded with something exciting and sometimes it don´t. It´s pretty obvious that it didn´t work at all with Von. A 1 star rating it is. I hope I didn´t step on too many toes in my review but it´s a bit difficult not to sound a bit negative in a 1 star review.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#196113) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 29, 2008

4 stars I am rather shocked at the general low ratings this album gets, as I think (outside of Aegetis Byrjun) this is their best. I certainly prefer it to the boring Takk. It's extremely strange to say the least. Pretentious? I don't think so - not when it only sold 300 copies on its first release (s ... (read more)

Report this review (#196716) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Thursday, January 01, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Hard to describe, so I´m not going into an individual song description. Most of it sounds just like surrealistic troppy noise making. A couple of tracks are quite good (such as Myrkur or Hafssól), but mostly it´s just directionless and uninspired. Overall rating: 1 star POOR: ONLY FOR COMP ... (read more)

Report this review (#132684) | Posted by Peto | Saturday, August 11, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars It would take a prophet to predict Sigur Ros' illustrious future from Von. Sigur Ros deal much more with an electronic sound than anywhere else in their career. The tremendous atmospheres and full, lush, layers of sound that they built their latter career on make only brief appearances here. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#132545) | Posted by Equality 7-2521 | Friday, August 10, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars When people first started raving about Sigur Ros, back before they were *everywhere* (we've even just noticed their music used as the soundtrack to an autopsy scene on the TV show CSI!) and we had yet to hear them, we were so excited. This sounded like the band for us. Ethereal but rocking, with ... (read more)

Report this review (#44798) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I was a little suprised in hearing this album the first time through, not knowing what to expect. I had heard SIGUR RÓS's later albums beforehand. The least to say I was pleasantly suprised. It does not hold up as well as their later stuff as far as musical direction goes. It really takes a whil ... (read more)

Report this review (#34510) | Posted by Azrael2112 | Friday, March 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SIGUR RÓS "Von"