Amon Düül II - Lemmingmania CD (album) cover

LEMMINGMANIA

Amon Düül II

Krautrock

Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I had this compilation back in 1975. I was 15 and I had a friend who told me about this german band. He was a DJ in a local radio station and he hosted a program that showed a lot of prog stuff (those were the days!). It didn´t last long, but I remeber always hearing his one hour show every day of the week. So when I heard that this album was available in Brazil I saved some money from my allowance and got it. I really loved it. Even today I think this CD is a good introduction o the music of Amon Düul II. Here you have the more concise, song-format, tracks that show much of this important band was capable of in the studio. Their very own brand of krautrock, psychedelic/space rock, hard, eletronic and progressive. They were quite unique.

For me all tracks are excellent, but I always hold special atention for the heavy Archangel's Thunderbird, the beautiful Green Bubble Raincoated Man (one of singer Renate Knaup-Krötenschwanz best perfomances ever). the funny Tables Are Turned and the instrumental title track. I usually don´t like compilations of prog bands like this, but this one is an exceptional fine one.

A good starting point for the newbie. 4 stars.

Tarcisio Moura | 4/5 |