LEMMINGMANIA

Krautrock

Amon Düül II Lemmingmania album cover

Buy AMON DÜÜL II Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1975

1. Archangel's thunderbird (3:30)
2. Light (3:48)
3. Between the eyes (2:24)
4. Green bubble raincoated man (5:04)
5. Tables are turned (3:34)
6. Rattlesnakeplumcake (3:16)
7. All the years round (4:07)
8. Jail-house frog (4:54)
9. Soap shop rock (3:41)
10. Lemmingmania (3:00)

Search AMON DÜÜL II Lemmingmania lyrics

Search AMON DÜÜL II Lemmingmania tabs

- Dave Anderson / bass (1-9)
- D. Secundus Fichelscher / drums
- Karl-Heinz Hausmann / keyboards & electronics (5-7)
- Chris Karrer / acoustic & electric guitars, violin, Soprano sax, vocals
- Renate Knaup-Krötenschwanz / vocals
- Peter Leopold / drums, synthesizers (4)
- Lothar Meid / bass, vocals
- Falk U. Rogner / organ, synthesizers
- Shrat / bongos, vocals (1-9)
- John Weinzierl / acoustic & electric guitars, vocals

+ Jimmy Jackson / piano, choir organ (4-8)
- Olaf Kübler / backing vocals (8)
- Rolf Zacher / backing vocals (8)

LP: United Artists [UK] UA-29723 G
/ CD: Captain Trip Records [Japan] CTCD-037

and to Fassbinder for the last updates

AMON DÜÜL II MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AMON DÜÜL II Lemmingmania Music

7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II - Pigman (1974) PS / DUUL US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Amon Düül II ?- Phallus Dei LP Brand New Sealed Reissue (2009) Krautrock, Prog US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
AMON DÜÜL II Carnival in Babylon Rare French LP German Kraut Rock Prog US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Amon Düül II - The Best of 1969-1974 - Classic Space - Kraut - Prog Rock!! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Amon Düül II - Hijack (LP) US Press Atco Vinyl Kraut Prog US $14.99 [0 bids]
Gila- Bury my heart at wounded knee +1 (Popol vuh- Amon Düül II, Coney Island) US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
AMON DÜÜL II, Carnival in Babylon [United Artists] 1st pressing A1 matrix UK LP US $42.99 [0 bids]
Amon Düül II Phallus Dei 12'' LP LIMITED EDITION FACTORY SEALED! KRAUT PSYCH NEW US $44.99 Buy It Now 5 days
AMON DÜÜL II Almost Live GERMANY CD issue Castle Legends duul US $14.40 Buy It Now 8 days
AMON DÜÜL II Hawk Meets Penguin 3 track CD SEALED Duul US $12.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Amon Düül II ?- Journey Into A Dream (Viaggio In Un Sogno) 1971 2 LP VG/VG US $90.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Amon Düül II - Live in Concert cd 1973 Embryo Popol Vuh Duul Gila Chris Karrer US $24.90 Buy It Now 15 days
Popol vuh- seligpreisung (Vinyl, Lp) (Amon Düül II, Between, Gila, Niagara) US $39.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ATCO KRAUTROCK Prog Rock LP Amon Düül II MADE IN GERMANY US $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Amon Düül II,SEALED CD,Hawk Meets Penguin,Amon Duul II,Hawk Meets Penguin US $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
2-LP Amon Düül II Dance of the Lemmings / Tanz der Lemminge 1971 UA VG++ / NM US $124.98 Buy It Now 21 days
Amon Düül II ?- Hijack Vinyl Record Synth Kraftwerk Neu! Cluster Zappa US $31.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Amon Düül II ?- Meetings With Menmachines New Sealed Kraut Rock Klimt Records US $24.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Amon Düül II ?- Made In Germany LP 1975 US release ATCO Records SD 36-119 Duul US $15.00 Buy It Now 22 days
AMON DUUL II / Nada Moonshine - Amon Düül II , NEW ! US $10.00 Buy It Now 22 days
AMON DUUL II / Viva la Trance - Amon Düül II , NEW ! US $10.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Amon Düül II Hawk Meets Penguin CD US $7.46 Buy It Now 24 days
Amon Düül II Phallus Dei 1972 UK ORG LP Prog PSYCH Sunset Reissue KRAUTROCK US $50.00 Buy It Now 25 days
7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II - Light / Lemmingmania (1971) GERMANY PS / AMON DUUL US $49.99 Buy It Now 29 days
7"-Single AMON DÜÜL II The Tables Are Turned (1972)DUUL US $49.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy AMON DÜÜL II music online Buy AMON DÜÜL II & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AMON DÜÜL II DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AMON DÜÜL II Lemmingmania ratings distribution

AMON DÜÜL II Lemmingmania reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Watch out for the Green bubble rain-coated man

I am perhaps the wrong person to be posting the first review of this album, and must admit to some surprise that it has remained unreviewed to date. Surely there must be AD2 fans out there who have this album, and can offer a fan's perspective.

While AD2 do not appear in my own list of favourites, I do appreciate some of their music, especially their more accessible works such as their "live in London" album. I find however that their "Improvisations" can be challenging to the point of being unlistenable. The good news (for me at least!) is that this album is generally tight, with little if any such improvisation.

The tracks here are all short, with nothing over about 5 minutes. Recorded in 1975, much of the music actually sounds even older, although this is mixed with some futuristic sounds, or at least they would have been at the time.

The opening track, "Archangels thunderbird" is one of the classic rock tracks. For me, the version on AD2's "Live in London" album is superior, but there are some excellent "dirty" guitar riffs here. Track 2, "Light" is something of a surprise, as it almost has a country feel. The vocals are light, with slide guitar backing.

There's certainly a good variety of styles on the album, the Led Zeppelin like sound of "Between the eyes", the Hawkwind ("In search of space" era) influenced "Jail-house frog" and "Soap shop rock", and even a Moody Blues harmonies tinged "Tables are turned". The high pitched vocal style, as on "Between the eyes" and "Green bubble rain-coated man" (great title!), is something of an acquired taste, but "All the years round" has a more pleasant female lead which has folk similarities.

There's not much in the way of prog here, most of the tracks being simply structured, but "Green bubble.." has an interesting time change midway, "Jail-house frog" manages to fit several different tunes (and some chanted choruses) into its 5 minutes, and the final (title) track, gathers pace as it develops. Indeed the title track is probably the most adventurous on the album, with what sounds like Mellotron made choral vocals, sax, and some good guitar work.

For those looking for the more indulgent, experimental AD2, "Lemmingmania" has little to offer. It is however a competent collection of tight, well performed compositions, with a few slightly more complex pieces, and plenty of the distinctive style for which the band were renown.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#27844) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 20, 2004

Review by loserboy
PROG REVIEWER Honorary Reviewer
4 stars Here is a really fantastic album filled with special excerpts and fine unreleased tracks from their classic line up. As you would expect all the tracks are nice and spacey with that unique song writing quirkiness. AMON DUUL II were pretty much IMHO the pinnacle psychedelic prog band and this album clearly demonstrates my view. Psychy warbled fuzz ripping guitar soles, hand and tymbral percussion, outer-worldly keyboard and organ swirls encapsulated all in a fascinating display of cerebral music.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#52863) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 22, 2005

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I had this compilation back in 1975. I was 15 and I had a friend who told me about this german band. He was a DJ in a local radio station and he hosted a program that showed a lot of prog stuff (those were the days!). It didn´t last long, but I remeber always hearing his one hour show every day of the week. So when I heard that this album was available in Brazil I saved some money from my allowance and got it. I really loved it. Even today I think this CD is a good introduction o the music of Amon Düul II. Here you have the more concise, song-format, tracks that show much of this important band was capable of in the studio. Their very own brand of krautrock, psychedelic/space rock, hard, eletronic and progressive. They were quite unique.

For me all tracks are excellent, but I always hold special atention for the heavy Archangel's Thunderbird, the beautiful Green Bubble Raincoated Man (one of singer Renate Knaup-Krötenschwanz best perfomances ever). the funny Tables Are Turned and the instrumental title track. I usually don´t like compilations of prog bands like this, but this one is an exceptional fine one.

A good starting point for the newbie. 4 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#348108) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 09, 2010

4 stars For the first time since High School I actually got Christmas week off right up to New Years Day. This is significant because I now wanted a sountrack for this time but it had to be something I hadn't reviewed yet, so I picked this compilation album from my favourite Krautrock band. This was released back in 1975 and it does seem strange having an AMON DUUL II record that consists of songs all under or around 5 minutes in length. Chis Karrer one of my musical heroes once said of his band AMON DUUL II that "Improvisation was everything". Chris is a multi-instrumentalist playing mostly guitar, sax and violin and he was right, it's what most AD II fans love about this band. Still I just love their sound which is why I picked this one up despite that there are no songs from their masterpiece "Phallus Dei".

I'm not going to review this song by song because i've already done that with most of these but I will focus on the four previously(at the time) unreleased tunes. I do have two of those unreleased tracks as bonus songs on the "Yeti" edition I have, and they are "Between The Eyes" and "Rattlesnakeplumcake". The former is rather dark and heavy with some brief crazy vocals and prominant guitar while the latter has male and female vocals with some excellent violin play on it. There are two songs on here that I haven't heard before. One is "Light" which was an earlier version of "Stumbling Over Melted Moonlight" from the "Tanz Der Lemminge" album. This one has vocals on it and I quite like it even if it is fairly straight-forward. The other is the title track which is my favourite on here. It was apparently released as a single back in the day but it sounds so different from their usual sound. This is a very uplifting, heavenly sounding track that simply transports me. Kind of like some of those SENSTIONS' FIX songs. Just a great instrumental.

My edition has four bonus tracks all from the "Viva La Trance" record. There are so many excellent tracks one here that for the enjoyment level alone I have to give this 4 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#1101612) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 28, 2013

4 stars To be honest, this album only contains a couple of items really worthwhile, but to my humble opinion also the best ever song AD II made. Unreleased before, perhaps once a b-side or added to fill up this album, although the fact that the album was named after it perhaps suggests differently. Le ... (read more)

Report this review (#69935) | Posted by jeromach | Sunday, February 19, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AMON DÜÜL II "Lemmingmania"