Amon Düül II - Lemmingmania CD (album) cover

Amon Düül II

4 stars To be honest, this album only contains a couple of items really worthwhile, but to my humble opinion also the best ever song AD II made. Unreleased before, perhaps once a b-side or added to fill up this album, although the fact that the album was named after it perhaps suggests differently. Lemmingmania therefore. It sounds out of tune at first, but perhaps deliberately, once you heard it a couple of times and got used to it, it adds to the genius of it. Perhaps it's an odd part of my person, but somehow I appreciate it most in a song if it is obviously able to communicate directly to (and with) your mind and senses, without additional lyrics / voices, in short; when the song itself tells a story. These kind of songs are rare, the very few I consider to belong to this family of music are made by Captain Beefheart (more than 1), Chicago (Happy cause I'm going home) and some by Anthony Phillips.

Perhaps one of the reasons why these songs appeal so much to me is that I can't describe in words what these songs try to tell, but only in emotions. So, either my emotions are blocked or emotions are blocked anyway and they have their own language that you can only feel and understand, but not speak. If so, these kind of songs enrichen your spiritual world and form a road there, where it is not possible or very difficult to reach it otherwise. Perhaps through drugs, but I do not use them.

Try it :)

(The 4 stars because of above of course)

jeromach | 4/5 |