Klaus Schulze - Mirage CD (album) cover

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

3 stars One of my favorite Schulze albums (not that I've heard them all; very few after 1980). What sets it apart from all the others? On the surface, it's not all that different from others released in the mid-70's. It's just that the sounds he uses and the composition overall seem more.... inspired. So many of his albums sound like "Part II" of whichever album came previously, but this one doesn't sound that close to any of the others I've heard from that period. I really only liked one side of the record much, but it was enough to make it a keeper. Nice liner notes, too, seeing the future of the world way back then...
soundsweird | 3/5 |