Galleon - In The Wake Of The Moon CD (album) cover

3 stars Galleon's 9th album In The Wake of The Moon was my first encounter with this band's music.It looks that until now at least three people consider it a masterpiece.Well, de gustibus non disputandum... IMHO it's the blandest album released this year.I've listened to albums I liked, I listened to albums I loved and I listened to albums that I didn't like. This is one of the few albums that I find boring. Lots of keyboards, bland vocals, melodic neo prog but nothing inciting, engaging, exciting. I finally decided to rate it three stars because it's a decent effort and it's listenable.But one expects more from a band that got to their 9th album.Especially in a year in a year with great prog releases.

idlero | 3/5 |