Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 CD (album) cover

THE PERFECT ELEMENT PART 1

Pain Of Salvation

Mystery
5 stars For some reason I just could not get into this band. The songs that I picked at first did not capture my attention and seemed to just wander around with no purpose. Eventually, because I saw that this band garnered so much praise and a fairly large fan base, I decided to give them another try by buying this album. At first, I did not really find this to be all that enthralling or memorable. The music just seemed to go on and never piqued my attention. I had never really even made it to the end of the album. After trying again and again, listen after listen, I finally made it to the end, but was still not wholeheartedly impressed, yet I was beginning to like the music more and more. Once the title track played, I finally understood why this band has such a large and faithful following. That song, in short, is one of my favorite 10 minute songs that I've heard yet.

After I realized that I love that song, I began to listen to the album again, but with new ears. Although it still took a bit of time for me, I finally began to appreciate the music. The songs gained coherity that I had never before been able to find in them. In fact, I began to like nearly all of them. They began to tell the story that Gildenlow had crafted, and I finally saw that each song was very well crafted and involved some incredible songwriting and musicianship. And, of course, Gildenlow's voice is perfect for telling the story with such zeal.

I can't really find any faults in this album anymore.

Mystery | 5/5 |