Genesis - A Trick of the Tail CD (album) cover

A TRICK OF THE TAIL

Genesis

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
5 stars I got into Genesis with this one although I had acquired Selling EBTP 18 months before but could not enjoy it (as 13 year old) and when this one came along it was .... Genesis , love at second sight.

Needless to say I have a special feeling for this one and almost thirty years later, it is still fabulous. Dance On A Volcano is the amazing intro and Entangled is really out of this world and so is Mad Man Moon (a delicate Banks composition) but I do find Squonk a bit sub-par and rather uninspired compared to the rest of the album. Robbery Assault And Battery is Phil Collins doing a "Harold The Barrel" or "Willow Farm" and quite convincingly at that. Ripples and Los Endos are real gems also but the title track is really the tops emotion wise.

They've got no horns and they got no tails.............

Sean Trane | 5/5 |